Chapter 9

BRYSON'S POV:

"Come on, Bryson. You don't seriously want to go to that stupid place with your friends, do you?"Sharon asks me and i roll my eyes.

     "Sharon, jeez, it is possible that i want to hang out with someone other than you and go places other than the mall,"I explain and she glares at me.

  "well, fine, then, go! See if i care," she snaps.

"Sharon... Stop," I say quietly and she pouts at me.

     "No,"

"Babe..." i say and she wraps her arms around me.

    "I can't believe that slut is on the football team,"she says and i sigh.

Of course she is turning this into another complaint about Ayanna. Ever since she found out that Ayanna slept over at my house, even though we didn't do anything or at least nothing major, she has been freaking out on me.

     "Shar, i told you nothing happened, you can stop calling her a slut,"I explain and she shrugs.

 "How am i supposed to know that?"

    "Cuz i told you the truth and you should believe me becuase i am your boyfriend and i have never given you a reason to doubt my trust,"I snap and she gives me puppy dog eyes.

 "Why are you yelling at me?"

    "I'm not yelling at you and i am going to hang out with my friends,"I say and walk out of her house. She yells my name, but i just keep walking. I jump into Jake's truck and see everyone else piled into the back seats of the truck and in the bed of it.

     Max is in the back and is glaring at me. I smirk at him and look away. I don't know what his problem is, but he needs to let it go.

"Didn't invite any of the JV players?"I ask, but what i really want to ask is if he invited Ayanna along.

     "Nope, they went there right after practice, so i guess we'll just meet them there,"Jake explains and i nod.

   "Did, uh, did Jones go with them?"I ask.

"The chick? Uh, i don't know, maybe,"Jake says and looks over at me but i just shrug.

    "Why do you care anyway, Bryson?"Max snaps.

  "I don't, i was just wondering if the ENTIRE team went or if it was just a few of them,"I say quickly.

   "And, yeah, she did go. With Caleb, they look cute together, don't you agree?"Max sneers and i freeze.

      "I wouldn't know,"I snap back, but i really worry why i even care.... I don't know why i do, it's just the thought of Caleb with his hands on her or kissing her, is almost enough to make me turn violent.

  When we get there i see the JV players sitting at a table and eating pizza. I walk over to their table, grab a piece of pizza, and plop down next to Ayanna.

   She looks over at me and Caleb does too, but Aya grins at him and i see him squeeze her hand. I clench my fist and continue to eat.

     "So, who's up for laser tag after pizza?"I ask and they all grin.

 "We just got done doing laser tag,"Aya says and everybody else just shrugs.

    "You and me could go do something else,"Caleb says and she grins with a blush on her cheeks. He's s stupid sophomore and she's a junior. that's wrong... Even though i know it's not that big of a difference, it still irritates me.

    "No that's ok, we can play laser tag again,"she says with a smile.

"Great, now that we all agree, can we go play some laser tag before the day ends?"I ask bitterly and everybody stands up.

   We head to the room and the guy working the laser tag area looks shocked at how many of us are going to play at the same time.

       "Just a reminder before you go in, there is no crawling, no hitting, no running..." The guy reads us the rules and i grin. Who even actually follows all of those rules? I mean, everybody runs in laser tag. It just happens.

 He sends us in one at a time and i am the first one in. I immediatly head to the third floor and stand right by the opening so i can shoot the first person to come up here.

    As it turns out, it's Caleb. I grin and my laser hits his vest. He cusses and glares in my direction even though he can't see me.

   I run farther into the room and hid behind a wall. Pretty soon i see DJ come running through. I step right into his path, but by the time he realizes i am there my laser has already found it's mark.

   I hear someone behind me and i whip around to see AYa walking around, quietly.

     I sneak over to her and whisper in her ear, "you're going to have to do better than that, babe".

I shoot her and take off to the lower floor level, while grinning at her shocked expression.

  I shoot a few more guys, but am shocked when i hear my vest power off. I see Aya standing behind me. She grins and leans over to my ear.

     "You're going to have to do better than that, captain,"she whispers mockingly and runs away.

I grin and take off after her...

**************AYANNA'S POV:***************

I run away while grinning like an idiot. That's what he gets!

    I see Max hiding and i creep up behind him.

"Boo,"I say and he jumps three feet in the air. He turns around and has his laser gun raised.

   We face off and he smirks.

"Come at me, bro,"he says and we fire at the same time.

   I hear my vest power offf and hear Max's do the same thing. Max grins and runs away. I am about to follow him when hands grab my waist and turn me around.

    I feel lips touch mine and i freeze. But when i open my eyes, the person is gone. I touch my lips and inhale sharply. The lights come back on and i look around. I see Caleb standing a couple feet away from me...

      Was he the one who kissed me? I was so sure it was..... Nevermind...

I head out of the room and the guy working there, takes my vest and i walk out. I am in deep thought about the kiss when Caleb takes my hand.

    "What's the matter?"He asks quietly and i shake my head.

 "Nothing, just thinking,"I reply.

     "You must be thinking really hard because i Max called your name five times,"Caleb explains.

Max walks up beside us and mock glares at me.

    "Yeah,  Jones! I am just insulted that i'm not the only thing you think about,"he whines and i see humor dancing in his eyes.

      "Oh, i am so sorry that you are not the center of the entire world. My bad,"I say and hee grins.

"That's right,"

THANKS FOR READING!!! DID YOU LIKE IT? VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, LIKE

THANKS LOVELIES

-becka