Chapter 2 - 'and I thought it couldn't get any worse'

---

Hi hi ~ !! It me again. Hope you're enjoying this story so far !! 

P.s multiple pov changes

---

The whole class of 1-A were gathered in an open field that was perfect for battling. There was a huge circle in the middle, which was obviously where the 1 on 1's would take place.

Had he not been feeling groggy and tired, Bakugou would've been super excited.

It was weird to him, the feeling of wanting nothing to do with beating someone down and claiming a sweet fat victory. And yet instead of telling All Might that he may be coming down with something, he still opted to stay silent.

Jirou and Hagakure were up first. An interesting match, he thought. One with the ability to hear almost anything, and one with invisibility. Depending on how each of them will play, the outcome of the first match will be fun, though Jirou definitely has the upperhand in their match.

All Might gave them a recap of the rules and what they should and shouldn't do before signaling for them to start. 

Every one of them watched the pair intently, wondering how the battle would turn out. Bakugou would've been doing the same had he not been staring at nothing in particular. It wasn't until All Might's voice boomed announcing Hagakure's win did Bakugou snap out of it.

He looks to his right and sees Deku mumbling to himself again probably itching to grab his notebook and scribble away, nothing new. Then he proceeds to look to his left, and is met with a blank faced Todoroki staring at him. Bakugou immediately looks away and decides to actually watch the next battle.

A few more matches later his and Sero's turn come up. He hears Kirishima and Kaminari shouting a good luck to both of them as they walked to the circle.

He was still feeling out of it but he knew he couldn't back down now, else he would just embarrass himself in front of everyone. He knew they had high expectations for him after all and he was never one to disappoint.

From the circle, he faintly hears Midoriya talking to Todoroki, Uraraka and Iida. "Is it just me or is Kacchan acting weird today?" He rolls his eyes at that and mentally notes to approach the nerd later and tell him to mind his fucking business.

He doesn't hear their replies after that because All Might had signaled for them to finally start.

Now his focus is on Sero and Sero alone. He knows that despite how much stronger he's gotten recently, he should still be wary of whatever plan the tape face idiot has managed to come up with. 

He crouches into in an attack position, intently watching the others every move. When Sero doesn't initiate any attacks for a long time, he decides to take matters into his own hands. So he lunges forward, hands raised, ready to set off an explosion any moment.

Sero on the other hand expected this and did his best to be at the receiving end, dodging at Bakugou's every explosion, waiting for the perfect time to release his quirk and trap the blondy around it.

He just had to make sure to keep his distance or he wont do well with a hand to hand combat with Bakugou.

---

Outside the circle, Todoroki observed the way Bakugou moved. He seemed to be unfocused. It was evident in the way Bakugou had almost gotten caught in Sero's tape more times than expected. Midoriya was right to think something was wrong. Todoroki just hoped it had nothing to with the other night.

Feeling almost guilty, he just hoped their match would end already so Bakugou could just get some rest.

---

'Oh my fucking god...' Bakugou groans, he was starting to feel a little dizzy and he knew it wasn't because of their match.

All he needed to do was win as fast as he could so he could finally leave. But it was proving to be harder and harder every second that passed by.

Up until now, Sero has only used his tape to keep some distance from him. It was infuriating for sure but if Bakugou could just get a little closer and land a hit then this match would be more than over.

He knew Tape face was waiting for the perfect time to use his quirk against him, maybe to bind him and trap him, but Bakugou was smart enough not to give the other any opportunities to do so.

Bakugou hates it but he feels so sluggish. He hates it because every move or explosion he releases makes him want to scream bloody murder from the strain in his muscles. He hates even more because if it were any other normal day, this match would've been over within a few minutes--maybe even seconds if he was up to it.

An opening. He spots an opening and immediately releases a fury of explosions to lift him off the ground and fly straight to Tape face.

It worked. He was able to land a hit on Sero but his celebration was short lived as he feels the familiar sensation of something wrapping around him tightly. Fuck he was caught. Bakugou struggles in its hold while the other was still recovering from the strong impact of Bakugou's explosion. He just needed to land one final blow to finish the match and claim his victory.

He wills his hands to produce another explosion to free himself from the binding of Sero's tapes. It hurts like a bitch and he knows it will hurt even more after all the adrenaline has left his body but right now he has no choice. A grin forms in his face , he was going to win one way or another, feeling like shit or not. 

He was able to break free, ignoring the gasps from his classmates and the ache starting to build up in his arms. Sero looks at him wide-eyed, probably already anticipating his defeat.

Bakugou takes a step forward.

"YOUNG BAKUGOU IS THE WINNER OF THIS MATCH!" All Might announces, like he's done with the previous matches.

He feels the rest of the classes' eyes on him as he steps away from the circle. Normally he would've reveled in their shocked faces since he won, but the only thing on his mind right now was getting out of there to deal with whatever is going on with him.

Out of nowhere the staring starts to feel heavier and he gets this uncomfortable feeling around him.

"What?!" he shouts at them, too exhausted to entertain any of the idiots who keeps staring. They look away after that.

"Kacchan, are you okay?" Deku asks him. Of fucking course it was Deku. Always has and always will be the one person who never takes no for an answer and never listens to any of Bakugou's leave me alone or dont talk to me. He sighs, and ignores the other. They weren't on bad terms anymore, he was just not in the mood.

After a few steps away from the area, his headache returns causing him to feel light headed. He couldn't focus on anything. It was as if the world was spinning. 'Wee!' he felt like saying, like a child would when riding the merry go round.

Alright, he definitely wasn't thinking straight because what the fuck was he thinking about.

As stubborn as ever, Bakugou still takes a step forward, trying his best to hold his ground and stay upright but one last step forward and his vision starts fading until all he could see is black.

---