Chapter 3

sorry for any mistakes

****

When I got home, I started to get ready to go to bed since it was already late. I didn't even bother with dinner because I wasn't hungry. While I was trying to fall asleep I thought about all the things my boss told me. I still couldn't believe that Drew had something to do with people like me. He is always alone and every time someone tries to talk to him, he just turns around and walks away. People wouldn't think that he has something to do with this kind of stuff. I guess the saying 'Never judge a book by its cover' really is accurate. After a while of just laying in my bed, I felt myself slowly falling into a deep sleep.

...I ran to my parents room and saw them laying on the bed with blood all over them. I was terrified I couldn't believe my eyes I began to panic, I didn't knew what to do I wanted to go find my brother when I saw something I wished I never had to see. My brother was laying on the floor next to my parents bed, but he wasn't moving, he couldn't because he, like my parents was dead...

..."Oh you know your daddy? he wasn't perfect like you thought he was. He was a killer just like me, but you know, he didn't want to continue being one, he wanted to leave the gang and go to the police, even if that meant going to jail he just wanted 'a perfect life' for his family. So before he could do that, we visited him and well you know, killed him and his family."

"Then why didn't you kill me?"

" You want to know why? well we didn't kill you becau-"

I woke up all sweaty and breathing heavily.There it was again. The nightmare of that night 10 years ago. It's there, every time I close my eyes, every time I fall asleep. It's the same thing every time, the dead bodies of my family and that asshole I now have to call 'My Boss' , telling me that thing, i never wished to hear in my life.

I knew that once i woke up i wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, so i just laid there in my bed and starred at the ceiling, thinking about how i was supposed to keep an eye on that Drew kid. I was actually kind of excited about this whole thing, since all of my other jobs, usually just consist of the same killing. So yeah i couldn't wait to go to school and observe that kid, i mean if he doesn't screw up we could maybe be partners in the future and maybe even become friends.

Nah, who am I kidding, i'm never going to have friends.

Especially in this kind of business.

When i couldn't stand laying in my bed anymore, i stood up and got ready for my morning run.

I usually just run for about one hour before i go to school, but since i woke up earlier, once again, i had time to run for about two or three hours. I started to jog in the direction of the park where i always go to, when i want to be alone and just think about things.

It's quiet and peaceful, nobody's here, it's just me and the music blaring from my earphones. After about two hours of jogging, i started to make my way home since i had to get ready to go to school and take a shower.

When i finally got home i still had about one hour to get ready, so i took a quick shower and then went downstairs to eat breakfast. When i was done eating my cereal i continued to get ready and put on my baggy clothes and my fake glasses. For my hair i just decided to do my usual messy bun. When i was done packing my school bag, i started my walk to school. Once i arrived at school i saw the usual jocks who always bully me.

I'm sure they're going to annoy the hell out of me once they see me.

I would love to beat them up. I always have to restrain myself from doing so, i swear one day i'm going to beat them all up, i don't care if 'my boss' is going to scream at me and lecture me about what i have to do and how i have to pretend to be a stupid nerd who won't stand up for herself.