|:| Chapter 3 |:| Bored |:|

|:| No One's POV |:|

 LOCATION: MOUNT JUSTICE 

Laying on the green couch, the teenagers and young adults were trying to pass time. They hadn't gotten a mission in weeks and they desperately wanted one to be assigned. The TV in front of them displayed static, due to Connor finding it interesting. M'gann was in the kitchen, looking at a recipe book. Artemis was cleaning her bow, Kaldur reading a book he found in the library, and Kid Flash eating chips, while glancing around the room.

They had nothing to do that day, and so, they all went to the Mountain to keep each other company. Plus, maybe Batman had a mission for them and so they waited anxiously. They held no conversation, not knowing what to talk about. Finishing his second bag of chips, Wally licked his fingers to remove the excess salt, he looked at everyone in the face before letting out a loud sigh.

Opening his mouth to speak, he got interrupted by the Zeta Tubes announcing the arrival of the Dark Knight. Stopping what they were doing, they all stood up and left the lounge to go to the briefing room. With the exception of Wally, who had already left. When the whole team had entered the briefing room, Batman started informing the team of their mission.

"This team, is Jonathan Grey," Batman stated, and a screen appeared next to him of who appeared to be Jonathan Grey.

Grey had blonde locks and hazel eyes. He seemed to be in his early forties, with visible gray hairs in some parts. He wasn't handsome, but he wasn't ugly either.

"We have intel that someone will attack the Wayne Gala in order to kill him. Your mission is to be undercover during the Gala and protect him." 

It seemed as though their prayers had been answered, and a huge smile made it's way to Wally's face. But, Artemis had to ruin it for him by being Artemis.

"Isn't the Wayne Gala in Gotham City? Isn't that your city?" She inquired, hands on her hips.

That kinda reminded Wally that the Bats didn't exactly like other heroes in his territory. Who was he kidding, the Bats didn't want any other heroes in his city unless it was absolutely necessary. And so he forced himself to ask Batman why he has allowing them to go, without asking that.

"Yea! Why aren't you doing it?" Wally remarked, eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"I have another mission that stops me from going. You'll be departing in a few hours. Get ready." Batman grunted, eyes narrowing and looking at each member of the team.

Turning on his heel, his cape flowing behind him, he walked towards the Zeta Tubes. The AI announcing his departure. A few moments of silence passed, with Wally breaking it by letting out an excited yell escape his lips. They had waited for days for a mission, and they were happy that they finally had one.

Being one of the only members that enjoyed doing pranks and cracking jokes, he found being surrounded by people that found reading entertaining, boring. Yea sure they had times in which they had actual fun, but they were always doing something that the Speedster found annoying or boring, sometimes both. He was missing someone that understood him, someone that he could spend time with and always have fun. Of course the universe didn't allow him that and left him with other people that had other interests he didn't enjoy. And maybe, just maybe, he'd find someone that had similar interests to him sooner or later.

Well maybe that someone might appear sooner rather than later.

——————————————————————————————

Quite sorry for the long wait! Thank you for 350+ views! Hopefully the next chapter won't take as long to come out. I do hope your all taking care of yourselves!