Chapter 2: Broken Hearts

"I guess now the kid has finally grown up a bit" Aristia turned around to the familiar voice. "Oh, greetings to the moon of the Empire"

Her eyes met with the young man with remarkable red hair,  round blue eyes and a well built physique. He was one of the people who had stood by her side faithfully.

"Sein" She called out to him gently. Carsein le Rass. The second son of Duke Rass.

She felt a bit awkward seeing him on her wedding day after she had recently learnt of his feelings for her which ended up being unrequited.

"I'll be going away for some time, Your Majesty" Carsein said as he approached her side near the balcony.

"Please call me 'Tia' like you use to."

"Very well"

"But where are you going?" Aristia asked.

"I don't know. Wherever the wind takes me" Carsein looked up at the moon, with some sort of sadness in his eyes. Maybe it wasn't sadness, but was instead heartbreak.

Aristia became a bit sad hearing his words.

"Don't worry, I won't be like Allendis. I promise to live"

Talking about the young man with green hair, stung her heart.

"Don't have that kind of expression. Today was your crowning" Carsein said.

That was the last she heard from him until he sent her a letter eight months after.

Dear Tia,

I don't think I'll ever come back to the Castina Empire. My plan was to come back when my feelings of love for you finally disappeared, but I don't think they can ever leave.

Every night I always dream of you. I dream of our wedding that I had always wished for.

I'm not trying to make you feel guilty. I'm just sending you this letter so that you can forget about me.

From Carsein,

Who will always love you.

After reading the letter, Aristia could no longer hold back her tears.

"Hyuk...Sein..."

During her childhood in this her second life, Carsein had grown up with her and been a very good friend. They both had trained their swordsmanship skills together. Their likes had been very similar.

Everyone has thought that she would fall in love with Carsein, however her heart which had yearned for Emperor's Ruvelius love in her first life, still existed in this one.

It seemed foolish to still continue to love the man who had practically brought death upon her before, but she couldn't help it.

'Besides, he loves me now'

Aristia clenched Carsein's letter in her hand. After rereading it a few more couple of times, she kept it safely in a drawer.

'I'm sorry Sein. But I can't help it'

She couldn't let go of the love Ruvelius finally had for her. To her, it was okay if she continued to enjoy her happily ever after with the man she loves. Right?

***
"Disappear and never come back to the Castina Empire" Ruvelius said as he looked at Jieun, whilst holding Aristia protectively.

It was the opposite of all the situations in her past life where Ruvelius would only love Jieun while scorning Aristia.

Aristia's eyes looked at Jieun's hand clutching her skirt. They were holding the dress tight and were shaking seriously. She covered her head with a black hood.