she gives me butterflies

background information

Joshua has been acting strange... a little to strange for y/n's liking

y/n's POV

24 hours. It had been 24 hours since Joshua had last spoken to you or even text you for that matter. To say you were worried was an under statement. You had tried to convince yourself that he was busy with work and he would get back to you as soon as he could..... but he didn't. Hours turned into days and days turned into 'I have another meeting my love' or 'don't worry about saving dinner for me, I'm meeting up with some friends'. It felt like it had been weeks since you last held him in your arms. You wanted an explanation no you deserved an explanation.

That leads us to exactly where you are right now. Denny's. Ok fine you waited it out then followed Josh to the restaurant where he was going to 'catch up with the boys'. Liar. There he was eyes sparkling in the moonlight as he watched her with great intent. Laughing every once in a while and leaving his hand hovering near hers as he graced the menu. He looked happy. A different kind of happy. He was wearing a smile I have never seen before and a different colour shirt that complimented his features. You felt your heart drop. A sense of overwhelming hurt filled your body as he lent in to kiss her lips. You couldn't stay in here any longer for two reasons one - the fear of getting caught by josh and the angelic like girl he was with and two - the tears forming in your eyes that were threatening to spill any second.

However you lucked out as both happened at once. As tear begin to spill out of your eyes and roll down your face. He saw you. You could feel the tension arise in the room as his body language tensed. You took the opportunity to leave the restaurant, fleeing to your car and driving the whole way home in complete shock. Sadness filling the silence.

You ran straight to your room and beginning to pack up your things - ok maybe you were being a little bit dramatic but you didn't care. You didn't mind throwing away your two year relationship with Josh. You were so heart broken you didn't care that you were not thinking rationally. Before you left your shared house forever you left behind a note on the kitchen counter.

Joshua,

As you read this I will already have gone. I want to say that I am sorry. I am sorry I was never enough for you. All I wanted was to give you the world but it clearly was not enough. What I saw tonight was heart breaking, however I can't help but feel a hint of jealousy. This jealousy that that gorgeous girl you were with had captivated you so much you didn't even think to tell me how you really felt. She's beautiful, she looks kind, she probably gives you butterflies. I thought I was the love of your life but I clearly wasn't. Apart of me is angry, you know. I am always the girl who's the second choice, who gets forgotten about and discarded, but you Joshy you were different. I guess I was wrong, I guess I don't know who you truly are. Thank you for giving me the best two years ever and for making memories with me that will last a lifetime. I hope you're happy but don't be happier.

Y/N.

So this is it. Here you stand at the entrance to your apartment. Suitcases in hand and tears in your eyes ready to venture into a new stage of heartbreak. With one final look around the house you look the door and begin to walk away. You will be ok, time will heal everything. As you walk to your car you take one final look at the house you made so many beautiful memories in.

'goodbye Joshua.'

lily speaks

Hi Lovelies!

gosh it has been a while. I am so so sorry it has been so long. School has been a nightmare recently and I also managed to get locked out of Wattpad for 5 months but I'm back and hopefully better than ever. I am still looking to complete the short series in this book and as ever request are always open just leave them in the comments of this imagine. I hope you are all doing well. Keep safe and sane I love you all

mwah! <3333

700 words.