a promise of a new tomorrow

Background information
Josh and Y/n have been dating for around a year and recently y/n has been receiving lots of hate from Joshua's fans so Josh decides to take y/n on a surprise date to cheer her up and take her mind off of things

Joshua's POV
I knew I needed to do something.
Y/n has been receiving quite a lot of hate from my fans and it breaks my heart. I'm not stupid I can see that it's affecting y/n recently and she's just trying to brush it off. Although I know I can't stop the hate completely I can try to keep her mind off of it for at least one night at that is exactly what I'm going to do.

Y/n's POV
For the last month or so I have been receiving lots of hate from josh's followers. As soon as I open up my Instagram the comments come flooding in again

'Ew why is he dating her'
'Him and Olivia would be so much better'
'I'm sorry but why would he choose Y/n over anyone else'

It it an absolutely horrible feeling knowing that some of person you love the most followers don't like you and tear you down. I try to not let it get to me because I know josh hates it when I get upset because our emotions are so in sync it's like when I'm sad he's sad and when he's sad I'm sad. In order to try and take my mind off the hate I delete the Instagram app off  my phone as soon as I do that I receive a text message from Josh.

Joshy 🦥
get ready i'm picking you up at 7pm wear something warm i love you and will see you soon x

Y/n 🥰
wait really I'm excited! i haven't seen you since last week i will get ready  now i'll see you in a bit  love you x

I'm very excited to see where Josh is taking me but to be honest anywhere is better than me on my own with my thoughts and the hate. I know that as soon as I see joshy my mood will life because he always brings out the best of me. I run upstairs to get ready I put on some mom jeans and one of josh's hoodies with my Air Force ones and wait for joshy to get here.

Joshua's POV
I sent Y/n the text and put my black chucks on whilst I waited for her to respond as soon as she did I hoped into my car and headed to her apartment about 5 minutes away. I knock on the door and am greeted by a very smiley y/n
"good evening m'lady" I say as I give her a big bear hug. "hi" Y/n mumbles into my neck as we hug. "you ready to go?" I ask her. She nods eagerly as we step outside and get into my car
"So where are we going?" An intrigued y/n asks me. "We are going to watch the sunset babe" I respond proudly with a big smile on my face as I park the car.

Y/n's POV
I can't believe josh took me to watch the sunset I'm so excited he's the sweetest I can't believe he thought of this cute idea. Josh quickly lays a picnic blanket down on the grass and I immediately fall into his arms and cuddle up close Josh kisses my head sweetly before clearing his throat "so y/n i wanted to bring you here to get your mind of the hate you are receiving from my fans it really makes me upset and I'm really going to try and stop them because it's not fair I love you and-"
"Joshy baby" I interrupt josh "it's ok I think it's so sweet that you did all this to cheer me up I really do and I am trying to ignore the hate I really am but I love you and noting is going to change that" I tell him before kissing him softly on the lips we continue to cuddle whilst watching the sunset before josh speaks up again "you know what a sunset shows us y/n?" josh looks down at me and asks "no what" I respond eager to see what he says josh always has a way with his words "it shows us that it's a promise of a new tomorrow. Y/n I know I may not be able to stop all the hate but I can promise that tomorrow and every day after I will be here to protect you and reassure you. I love you with all my being y/n and I wouldn't want it any other way" I try to speak but I'm speechless josh's thoughtful date has left me lost for words "joshy i i love you too thank you" I say with teary eyes before leaning up and kissing.

Lily speaks
Hi lovelies!
I hope you enjoyed my first imagine like I said request are always open just direct message me. I'm going to try and be as active as possible during this quarantine period and update regularly see you soon!

792 words