chapter two: memories of us

TIM

Jamie passed out, laying on my shoulder, as soon as we entered the car. I was glad that, even if she was mad at me, she let it go for a little bit, so I could bring her safely to the hotel. I message Jake and Jordan, letting them know she was with me and that I was taking her back.

As I watched the streets pass us, my mind was wondering about the scene I had seen before, where she was teasing Rohan, and how that affected me. I had no right to be mad after everything I put her through, but it wasn't that easy. I am crazy for this woman, though she has no idea, because I was a wanker. I would never forgive myself for losing someone like her.

My thoughts are interrupted by her hands; she was trying to get herself comfortable, so she cuddled up to me. I inhaled the sweet scent from her bright ginger hair and gave a soft kiss on her temple, thinking to myself how much I wanted her to be mine again.

The car came to a stop in front of the hotel and I did my best to wake Jamie without scaring her. She opened her eyes halfway and was talking some gibberish that I had no idea what it was about. I helped her out of the car and all the way up to her room. When we got to her door, she passed her wallet; I grabbed her keys and entered the room with her.

I positioned her in her bed and took her shoes off, putting the blanket on top of her body, in case she got cold during the night.

I walked to the loo so I could wash my face, and as I went back to the bedroom to check on Jamie, I saw she had taken her dress off, throwing it across the bed to the floor. I gave her a forehead kiss and whispered: - Sleep good, snickerdoodle.

I was about to make my way to the chair in the corner of the room, so I could get some rest and make sure I could hear if she got sick, but her hand made its way to the back of my neck, pulling me closer to her. I don't know if she was awake or dreaming, but she said in the softest voice I've ever heard coming out of her: - Please, stay. I don't want you to leave me again, Sugar Cookie. - So I laid next to her, with the biggest smile on my face and feeling my heart full again after so long, and I held her as drifting off to sleep.

JAMIE

I felt my body hit the bed and, honestly, I don't know how I made this far. I felt Tim taking my shoes off and he walked away. I thought he was leaving me again, and I didn't like the feeling of being alone now, but I was way too tired to open my eyes. My dress was itchy and bothering me, so I just took it out and threw it wherever it landed, not bothering to look. I felt my body drifting to sleep as I smelled him and felt his presence close to me again. He whispered: - Sleep good, snickerdoodle. - and I did everything in my power to contain a smile from hearing him call me by the nickname he used to when we were together.

I needed him with me, even if I would regret it later. So I moved my hand, trying to reach him, and said: - Please, stay. I don't want you to leave me again, Sugar Cookie. - and I felt his body lying next to mine, holding me, and it felt just as good as I remembered.

The exhaustion washed over my body and I fell deeply asleep, with his heavenly musk cherry scent bringing me the memories I wanted to keep forever, because it was so dear to my heart, but, at the same time, I wanted to forget it so badly, because it brings back the pain I feel for not being his anymore.

FLASHBACK

London; January, 2020.

Tim enters the room with a little tray in hand as I am opening my eyes, still a little blurry from being sleepy. He set the tray on the side table that lays next to his bed. I smile brightly at him and say: - What's that, Sugar Cookie? - and I laugh a little louder, as he jumps back in bed and tickles me. I look him upside down and bite the tip of his nose, seeing him smile back at me.