The Man Himself

Takeo's mind had wandered, yet again, to his reoccurring daydream. He stares at the taller, smiling man with crystal blue eyes and dirty blond hair. He seems to be smiling at him, them apparently holding hands. A bump to his shoulder jolts him out of the vision, turning to look at his co-worker, Grace.
"If you keep drooling, it's gonna drip to the floor, Takeo," she teases. He wipes his mouth and cleared his throat.
"I wasn't drooling."
Takeo and Grace had been friends for two years, them being an inseparable pair now. They had met each other in high school, becoming close in senior year. She had helped him get the job at the book store after their senior year of high school, also. She was the first person Takeo had came out to during the same year.
Grace was a fair woman, with a pale complexion and dark, curly hair. She was an introvert, much like Takeo. She became more open after high school, though, trying to make more mature friends with similar interests. She had always dragged Takeo wherever she went.
"We should go out tonight," Grace said, wiping the counter.
"It depends where," Takeo responded, sighing softly.
"Maybe for dinner? We can try to find that guy you're always dreaming about."
"It's not like I try to! He's always there!"
"Mhm, okay. Well, I believe that's the universe telling you something."
"There you go again with your universe bull.."
"It could be a sign! What if he's your soulmate?" Grace said while poking at Takeo's cheek.
He swatted her hand away. "It's just a dream. It doesn't mean anything."
"If it's a reoccurring one, it definitely matters."
"I'm going to restock," Takeo grumbled, walking from behind the counter and into the "fantasy" aisle.
"No one has even came in yet, dum-dum!" Grace shouted playfully.
Takeo rolled his eyes and continued walking down the aisle, checking to see if each book is in the right place.
The door's bell rung, someone shuffling inside. Takeo didn't pay much attention to it, thinking its another middle-school girl looking for the manga selection. He ran his fingers along the spines of the books, walking into the children's book section. A toddler was turning the corner into the same aisle, stopping right at Takeo's feet. The boy had almost black eyes and dark brown hair with a cute pirate costume on, although October had passed already.
"Jack, come here, bud. Stop running off," the boy's father called out, walking to the opposite side of the aisle. Takeo's breath hitched when he looked up at him.
Jack's father was the same man in his daydreams.