A Date It Is

Grace and Takeo drove to the restaurant at 6:45, him texting Thomas about their whereabouts. Takeo went for a simple look but fitting for the cold weather. A gray turtleneck under a dark warm gray jacket that fell to his mid thighs, dark blue jeans and darker brown dress shoes. Grace wore a soft pink trench-coat that fell to her ankles with a buttoned up white shirt under, white flair jeans and black boots to finish her look. She had let her hair down while he had pulled his jet black hair into a bun, a few strands falling on his face.
After arriving, they quickly went inside and sat at their reserved table for four. They sat side by side, waiting for the other two.
"The view is so nice. That waterfall is so beautiful," Grace sighed.
"It doesn't calm my nerves as much as I'd like it to," Takeo mumbled.
"I'm nervous too, but it'll be okay. If it turns out bad, we can just leave."
"Yeah, that's the last thing I want.."
Thomas and his friend had arrived, the waitress guiding them to their table. Thomas wore a plain white tee under a denim jacket with black pants and dark brown boots. His friend had black hair and was pale, his eyes oddly green and blue at the same time. He wore a soft blue button up shirt with a black coat on top, black jeans, and dress shoes. They sat down across from each of their respective dates.
"Hey, I'm Thomas," he said, reaching to shake Grace's hand.
"Grace. Who's your friend?" She asked, her cheeks pink.
"Oh, hello, my name is Edward Richtofen," he said with a heavy German accent, shaking her hand quickly. He had quickly turned red and pulled his hand away.
"Takeo Masaki," he nodded to the German.
Grace had started asking Edward questions, her clearly interested in him. Takeo looked at the menu, covering his blushing face with it. Thomas smiled and glanced at his menu.
"Not much of a talker?" The American asked.
"I've never really had anyone to talk to, besides Grace," Takeo responded.
Thomas set his menu down, folding his forearms on the table. "I'd love to listen to you. How come you chose here to get dinner?"
"I've heard the food is good and it has a great atmosphere."
"Okay, that seems fair. How long have you and Grace been friends?"
"Two years. You and Edward?"
"Mm.." Thomas quirked his eyebrow up. "About a year now. We met through another friend of mine."
"You must have many friends."
"No, not really. Just those two and one more person. Don't worry, Nikolai and Albert are in a very committed relationship and Edward doesn't like me like that."
Takeo chuckled softly, then responded, "Well I'm glad there isn't too much competition."
Thomas smirked at him while the waitress arrived with a notepad and pen. She had taken their orders quickly and sped into the kitchen with their menus.
"So.. you have children?" Takeo asked.
"Yeah, they're mine and my ex's. I'm not in contact with her anymore and neither are the kids. It's better that way."
"Being a single father is hard, hm?"
"Yeah, kinda. I have some good babysitters, though. My daughter, Bella, is only 10 months old. She's starting to walk all on her own. Jack loves playing pirates and will get out of hand sometimes. Heh, he tried to play with Bella the other day and ended up whacking her with his play sword. She didn't cry or nothing, she just laughed."
Takeo was smiling warmly, his elbow on the table and his hand on his chin.
"They seem like good kids," Takeo said.
"Yeah, they are. What about you? Did you ever want kids?" Thomas asked, taking his drink from the waitress.
"Not really. I never saw the appeal of having children. That's probably because of my parents trying to push a 'straight' life on me when I came out to them."
"Yeah, I get that. I was in a relationship with a guy before I got with my ex and my parents weren't too happy about that."
Takeo nodded and took a sip of his tea.
The couples had talked for more than two hours, laughing with each other and enjoying their food. They had decided to go see a movie after dinner, Takeo in Thomas's car while Edward rode with Grace.
Thomas had his arm resting on the glovebox, his hand inching closer to Takeo's thigh while they talked. The Japanese man had took notice of this, blushing quite hard.
"So, Tak, how come you haven't dated many men? You're an awesome guy," Thomas asked.
"W-Well, I was a quiet kid throughout high school and my only friend was pretty much Grace. She was a quiet kid herself so we didn't make too much friends. Dates weren't even an option for us."
"Ah, okay. Have you ever.. you know, gotten down on someone yet?"
Takeo had turned completely red at this question. Thomas's cheeks turned red as well.
"Ah, jeez, sorry. What a dumb question for a first date," Thomas said, running his fingers through his blond hair.
"N-No, no, it's fine. I-I've never been asked such a question. I have once b-but it was just a one night fling."
"Oh, okay. I've had a couple of those before," Thomas said, parking at the movie theatre. He turned to Takeo, blushing more.
Takeo had smiled at him, getting out of the car and walked to Grace's car, Thomas trailing behind him. They had purchased tickets to see two different movies. Grace and Edward were going to watch a horror movie while Thomas and Takeo went to watch a romantic movie.
The two men sat the front of the theatre, a small bucket of popcorn in Takeo's lap. Thomas had eaten most of the popcorn before the movie even started.
The movie was barely halfway over when Thomas leaned over and whispered in his ear, "This is pretty boring, wanna go to my car?"
Takeo agreed and they both walked out of the theatre, back into Thomas's car.
"That movie was really cheesy," Takeo said.
"Yeah, definitely," Thomas responded. He couldn't keep his eyes off of the smaller man.
"What is it?"
"Tak, you're stunning," Thomas leaned close to Takeo's face, "you know that, right?"
He had turned even redder, staring back at him. Thomas hooked his index finger under his chin, lifted his face up, and kissed his lips. Takeo, completely stunned and flustered, grabbed his forearm and returned the kiss.