27| Shinimi

You take Midoriya's hand, pulling him away from the graveyard dedicated to heroes. He's quiet.

"Pull your hood back up," you tell him softly, "no one can see you."

"And what if they do?" He says.

You stop walking, holding his hand. The rain falls like tears from the sky.

Sighing, you answer him, trying to be as considerate as you can.

"If someone finds out it's really you," you whisper, "everything will fall apart. Think about it. The villains are more lax now that they think you're dead, which will make it easier for us to figure out what's really going on."

Midoriya pulls his hand from yours. "But what if I don't care any—!?"

An explosion, followed by the sound of falling rocks interrupts his response. Your head snaps to the direction of the noise, and your eyes are met with a horrifying sight.

A building, crumbling around two teenagers.

A fight? You think, at this time of day?

You inhale sharply when you hear a familiar chant.

"Shinimi! Shinimi! Shinimi!"

You run closer to the commotion, not looking back to see if Deku is following. Just as you thought, it's the red-haired kid from back when you were with Hiroto.

He has a scratch above his eyes, dripping blood into them and ruining his line of sight. Shinimi is also clutching his arm, although his face has a neutral expression.

The boy across from him is bigger in build, and he has a devilish grin. His hair is blue, and no one in the crowd cheers his name.

The blue-haired boy kneels down, placing his palm on the rubble of the fallen building. The rocks rise, slicing through the air and launching at Shinimi.

Shinimi dodges them easily, wiping the blood from his eyes. The blue haired boy frowns.

At the immediate show of annoyance, Shinimi grins, putting a palm in the sky.

The rocks fall at the same time their controller does. 

He snapped his neck, you think, the same way he did that day.

The limp body falls to the ground, but Shinimi looks tired. More so than his fight with the blond boy a while back. 

The crowd cheers his name once again.

"Shinimi! Shinimi! Shinimi!"

He takes a deep breath, lifting his arm and giving them a thumbs up. They disperse, not helping the hurt teenager.

Shinimi tries to take a step forward, reaching out a shaky hand for something to hold onto, when he falls and hits the ground.

He's only a child, you think, and yet he's already a killer?

You rush up to him, climbing over rocks and rubble, surprised no one from the crowd helped him. You keep your eyes from trailing to the blue-haired boy's corpse.

"Hey!" You say as Shinimi's eyes start to close, "Stay with me, here. Come on, open your eyes."

He's crouched on the ground now, hands at the wound across his forehead. You wrap an arm around his back, your brows furrowed.

"Dangit, kid," you grumble, helping him up, "why the hell are you killing people?"

Shinimi doesn't even look at you. 

"Midoriya!" You scream, "Midoriya, get your ass over here!"

Midoriya, who has been standing on the side the whole time, stares at the boy in wonder. When you call his name, he sighs, but comes to help you anyways.

It's much easier to lift the teenager with Midoriya's help, and you lead him out of the rubble and onto a nearby bench. 

"You dumbass!" You say when he sits, "Someone could have been in that building! Be glad that you didn't kill anyone else."

Shinimi still doesn't acknowledge you or Midoriya's existence. You roll your eyes. "Not even a thank you?" 

You grab Midoriya's arm, dragging him out of earshot of the boy. You glare at him when he avoids your eyes.

"Men," you grumble, pulling his sleeve. "Hey, what's wrong with you?"

He doesn't answer.

"Help me with this kid. He could know something about the Agitator or the H.H.H.," you tell Midoriya, "This could be important."

He surprises you by answering. "Fine."

You smile, trying to lighten the mood. "Alrighty, then, let's help him and get some information out of him, eh?"

Midoriya jerks his sleeve from your grasp. "I said fine."

You sigh as he walks away. "What a drama queen."