CHAPTER THREE

Taking your purse,you take a last look at yourself in the mirror

Taking your purse,you take a last look at yourself in the mirror. Following Yuna's and Aera's advice you decided to wear a cute casual dress.

You still remember the way both of them reacted when you told them about the events that happened last night during a facetime call. Yuna was supportive of your decision while Aera wasn't really satisfied because she wanted you to move on. But well, the decision was done and she can't say anything other than advising you in your life's decisions.

Anyways, you were getting late and you didn't have time to think about anything. So you quickly got out of your house, walking towards the cafe Yoongi told you to meet at.

The cool evening breeze hitting your face as you walk on the walkover bridge to reach the cafe while enjoying the nice weather.

In no time, you were standing in front of the cafe but you couldn't find Yoongi there so you decided to enter the somewhat big cafe, the intoxicating smell of coffee hitting your nose as soon as you entered.

Anyone can tell it was the most popular cafe in the area just by looking at the crowd inside, even though it was a Monday evening.Yes, the cafe used to be crowded all the times but it had this calm and peaceful vibe that it attracted a lot of people, most of them being highschool and university students who are either out with friends or are just here to enjoy some alone time.

You scanned the occupied tables but there was no sign of Yoongi and your brain was flooding with hundreds of thoughts.

Did he fool me?

No, he's not like that...Maybe he's late.

A sigh escapes your mouth and you walk towards an empty table to wait for Yoongi, assuming he's late.

Just as you sat on the comfortable chair, you saw a quiet familiar person coming towards you.

Kim Taehyung, Yoongi's best friend.

Taehyung, just like Yoongi, was very popular in the school because of his extremely good looks and great acting skills.

"Hi Y/n! Sorry I am late." Taehyung says, sitting across you on the table and you couldn't help but feel extremely confused.

"Wait, I am confused. Where's Yoongi?" You question, frowning.

"Yoongi wasn't able to come so he sent me to give you this." He sighs and pushes a medium sized box towards you which makes you even more confused than you already were.

What in the world is even happening?

"What is this?" You examine the cardboard box, it seemed a bit heavy and the lid was taped which meant you can't open it right now.

"It's a box....I don't know what's inside it. He just told me to give you this. So, now I'm leaving. Bye Y/n!" He faintly smiles before exiting the coffee shop.

Why was he in a hurry?

And why did he look sad?

●●●

Ugh! Why did I even go!?

After Taehyung left, you ordered an Iced Americano and left the cafe and were now sitting on the edge of your bed with the box Yoongi sent beside you.

To say that you weren't angry at Yoongi for not showing up would be a complete lie. You were definitely angry at him but more on yourself for not rejecting his proposal and being completely delusional about this whole thing.

What does he think of himself? He can send Taehyung but can't come himself, Wow!

Your eyes trailed back on the cardboard box and a feeling of curiosity creeped inside you. You wanted to know what was inside the box that Yoongi had to send it.

Cutting the tape with the paper cutter, you opened the box and the things inside it surprised you.

You opened the letter that was in the box and started reading it.

Hey Y/n,

I know you might be angry because I skipped our date but well, forget about it for sometime and read this letter.

I've liked you since the start of the sophomore year and I feel so stupid for not confessing even though I knew that you like me back since the start. Gotta say you're very good at hiding your feelings because I wouldn't have known about your feelings if I didn't overhear you and your friends.

At first, I thought you were just a girl crushing on me but then I started to notice the way you were always ready to help anyone, the way you would smile at the smallest things, the way you brushed your hair back, I slowly started to notice you. Then the teachers started pairing us together to help me with studies and unconsciously I fell for you.

I wanted to tell you this until it was too late but that's exactly what happened...

Neither of us made a move and the time passed so quickly that we didn't even realise.

You might be cringing at this letter, I know. I promise I'm rarely like this but right now, you should be aware of the fact that there's a possibility I might never say all these things to you.

Y/n, I have a brain tumour and I have a surgery appointment tomorrow in the morning. There's a 50%chance that I'm one of the lucky survivors and 50%chance that I don't come out of the operation theater alive.

Today, when I told you to meet me at the cafe I knew I'd never show up and I couldn't gather enough courage to tell you this...

Anyways, there's some more stuff in the box. Also, I can say you're going to be a great writer. I loved your book's plot!

-the basketball boy

A tear escaped your eye. You never knew that he was going through this and you also weren't aware of the fact that you cared about him so much until you read the letter. You thought it was just an attraction but the way you're so tensed up after reading the letter tells it wasn't just a mere attraction.

Putting the letter down, you started examining the other things in the box.

A hardcover notebook or you should say your first ever book you gave him to read.

The box had some of your photographs that were taken without you being aware of it. There was a note behind one of those photos....

"I swear I'm not a stalker!"

An involuntary smile spreads across your face as you read it and you carefully put the box down and look out of the window, feeling anxious all of a sudden.

You were worried about him, you wanted to know how he is...

Is that why Taehyung looked sad? Did...did Yoongi....?

You didn't even want to complete the rest of the sentence. Only thinking about it makes you feel like crying. But it wasn't the time for you to cry, you needed answers to the questions bubbling inside your head.

A/n

Don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter!