Chapter 10

*tw: abuse, transphobia, self harm*

ranboo pov:

i had to be careful and listen out all the time for my mum. just in case she came in while i was streaming. just in case she came in while i was on a call with someone.

it didn't get bad straight away. but it was getting progressively worse each day.

to start, the mental abuse got worse. she was trying to trick me into thinking i was a girl. she nearly got into my brain as i struggled to really ignore her words. then, of course, the day she slapped me.

she slapped the words out of my brain, basically.

and the more she would hurt me, the more i switched between being in control of my thoughts and not being in control of my thoughts.

she caught me cutting myself once. she didn't stop me. in fact, she took the razor herself and cut more into my arm.

she hated me, yet led me to believe she was the only one who cared.

~~~~~

'*deadname*!' i heard her sweet voice call to me from downstairs, 'come here!'

i got up from my chair and went to her downstairs.

'you have such a pretty name, i cant believe you want to change it.'

'i hate my na-' she slapped me before i could finish my sentence.

'stop that, you know i'm the only one who cares for you by trying to make you realise you're lying to yourself. you're clearly a girl. anyone who supports you in this phase is clearly not someone who is a good friend.'

i blinked back tears

was she right?

maybe i am a girl

everything about me says i'm a girl

'stop crying!' she pushed me to the floor, 'boys don't cry so what makes you think you're a boy if you're sat there, on the floor, in tears?'

she kicked my side as i lay, curled up, on the kitchen floor. she didn't stop kicking me for a while, not until she was happy.

today was one of the better days, i guess. i didn't bleed anywhere, she only kicked me. i knew i would get a bruise soon but at least there wouldn't be any scars. the worst time since she's become abusive was when she caught me cutting myself.

*flashback*

my mum stormed into my room, clearly pissed off. i was sitting with my back against the wall, razor in my hand and a couple of cuts already made on my forearm.

through my tears, i looked up at her as she swung open the door and watched as she paused, noticing my state. i watched as her angry look turned into one of delight as she walked over to me with a smirk on her face.

she wiped my tears and took the blade from me, causing me to believe she cared for a second there. of course not. she then grabbed my arm and proceeded to cut me more, deeper than i would've dared to go on myself.

there were loads of deep cuts across both of my arms by the time she left. she didn't bother to clean them or bandage them. she left me as she found me.

i passed out and woke up to my dad desperately trying to get me to wake up.

i couldn't tell him she did it to me. she would kill me and he probably wouldn't believe me anyway.

*flashback over*

tommy pov:

ranboo hadn't answered in days. and when he did answer, the responses were short and one worded. he was clearly not okay. he never called anymore, he stopped his daily stream streak. when he streamed, they were always cut short and he never properly said goodbye to his chat. sometimes he would end his stream mid sentence.

i decided to get in a vc with tubbo, phil and techno. the only other people who knew he was trans. i wasn't sure if they were aware of his lack of support from his mother but if he wasn't safe i had to let people know.

'hey guys, i don't know if i'm the only one noticing this, but ranboo has been very distant lately. he ends his streams abruptly and never has time to call or text anymore. you all know about him being trans but i'm not sure if you're aware of his mum not being supportive. i'm worried he's not safe at home but i don't know what to do.'

'woah. that's- uh that's a lot to take in tommy.' phil broke the silence.

'yeah, i know, i'm sorry i'm just really worried.'

'i know where he lives. i have his address from where i've sent him things before. maybe we should plan a day where we go to his house?' tubbo suggests

'that sounds good to me, what about you guys? phil? techno?'

'yeah yeah all good mate.'

'send me the address tubbo. i'll book flights.' techno finally spoke before leaving the call.

'thanks guys.'

—————————————————————
837 words

GUYS I GOT THE CORPSE HOODIE YESTERDAY IM SO EXCITED

also how are we all feeling about the mcc results ???