Chapter 1 - An unexpected guest

A/n, I know that Walburga Black died in 1985, but in this story she died in... 1980!

Enjoy, Septima:)

________________________________________________________________________________

November 5th 1981

You never imagined that you'd one day move into Grimmauld Place, much less move into Grimmauld Place alone. Yet here you were, just a few days after your world fell apart, moving into your fiancé's childhood home. Or, your ex-fiancé's childhood home. You didn't really know what you were. You didn't really know what to do. You were still wearing the ring.

It disgusted you that you were once engaged to the person who sold out your best friends, Lily and James. It disgusted you that just a couple of days ago, you had told him that you loved him and nothing could change that. It disgusted you that you were moving into his house. However, you didn't really have any other choice. It all happened so fast.

Your home had been burned down around the same time that Marlene and her family were killed, then you lost James and Lily, and shortly after, you lost Peter. And Sirius for that matter. It hurt you how easily Sirius had lied to you. How easily he had used you. To go as far as asking you to marry him, all to get to Harry. His godson. Lily and James had made him Harry's godfather. He just seemed so sincere.

Then, out of the blue, some lawyer showed up stating that you, as Sirius' fiancée, were the sole inheritor of Grimmauld Place and everything that Sirius had to leave behind before going to Azkaban. You didn't really want it, yet it was your only choice.

That, or the streets.

Another factor that made you sign the document for the inheritance, was that you'd be able to use the money to help Remus. The only friend you had left.

So you said yes to the inheritance, and here you were. Outside of 12 Grimmauld Place, a suitcase in each hand, and a key in your pocket. You felt uneasy moving into such an awful place. Sirius had been abused while living here, no wonder he turned out the way he did.

You sighed loudly before walking up the stairs to the entrance, placing your suitcases by your feet, and taking out the key. It was old and rusty, no one had used it for a while it seemed. It was challenging to push it into the lock, yet once it was in place it fit perfectly. Slowly, you turned the key to open the door. It unlocked surprisingly easily, opening to reveal a dusty old hallway. You put the key back in your pocket, carried your heavy suitcases inside, and closed the door.

The lighting was rather dark, and you definitely had a lot of work in front of you. You'd only been here once before when Sirius' mother died and he inherited the place. He wanted to sell it, and he would've, if it hadn't been for that awful portrait that was magically stuck to the wall.

It was a painting of his mother that was hanging in the middle of the hallway, surrounded by red velvet curtains. You'd thought long and hard about what to do with it, and you'd come up with an idea.

"Better get to work." You whispered, opening your suitcase and getting out your wand. Of course, silencing the portrait couldn't be done without accidentally waking it up. You fumbled with the curtains, and as soon as you'd pulled them aside, the old hag on the portrait began screaming. "FILTH! SCUM! YOU ARE NOT WELCOME IN THE HOUSE OF MY FATHERS! BEGONE FROM THIS PLACE, YOU HALF-BREED!" You simply sighed, ignoring her screaming, and putting a few spells on the portrait before fighting to close the curtains again. This would at least keep her quiet for a couple of weeks.

"Kreacher thought he'd heard someone." The old house-elf suddenly stood in the other end of the hallway. "Only Master Sirius is welcome here, not filth like you."