7 | 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢

Ever since Chuuya had joined the port mafia my life had changed.

I got more confident in things and became a very important member of the mafia.

And of course I still had Chuuya as my dog and it was always a lot of fun.

"Hey dog."

I smirked as I walked past Chuuya in the hallway.

"Stop that! I only lost the game because I saw the sheep enter!"

Whenever I called him my dog he would come up with a different excuse on why he lost the game.

"Whatever you say. Anyways I got you something."

I hid a little package behind my back and Chuuya tried to look at my hands.

"What is it?!" He asked sounding kind of excited.

I held the package up in the air and waited for Chuuya to reach for it.

"I overheard something and apparently it's you birthday today is that correct?" I asked looking at the package.

"Uh... yeah it is. Who told you?"

I handed him the package: "I overheard Mori say it."

When he opened it he gave me a questioning look.

I took out the choker in the package and put it on Chuuya's neck.

"This suits you pretty well. And it also marks that you're my dog." I said and gave Chuuya a soft smile.

"Eh?! That's stupid I'm not gonna wear this!"

Chuuya protested and I walked away.

"I don't care what you're gonna do with it. I just wanted to be nice since we're partners."

That was a lie. I cared a lot about the choker I gave him and I know he liked it too.

Because ever since that day he never took it off.

Later that night I was just about to go to sleep when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in." I whispered and stood up slowly.

"Dazai."

I was surprised to see Chuuya standing at the door frame.

I gave him a bright smile: "Chuuya! What are you doing here? It's past midnight."

"I wanted to apologize. I was pretty ungrateful when you gave me that present. So I came to say thank you again."

I was surprised at Chuuya's words and still smiled softly: "It's alright. What have you been doing for your birthday?"

Chuuya looked down and told me that he stole some of Kouyou's alcohol just to try it.

"It's not that fun when you're alone though. So I wanted to ask if you want to try some alcohol with me?"

I chuckled and agreed letting Chuuya lead me to the room where Kouyou hid her alcohol.

Chuuya took a glass out of the shelf and slid it over to me.

"What would you like to try first young man?"

I laughed softly at Chuuya trying to imitate a bartender.

We both put some beer in our glasses and drank it all at once.

"This doesn't taste as good as Mori says"

Chuuya laughed and got another flask out of the shelf.

Without reading what's in the flask he poured it into his glass.

"Don't overdo it now Chuuya. You're 16, You'll have time to drink when you're older."

I tried to stop him but ended up trying some of the other alcohol too.

A few minutes later my whole face was burning and I couldn't stop laughing.

That was the first time I ever got drunk.

Chuuya didn't stop trying out drinks until I asked him when we will be heading to bed.

"Ah are you tired already? You only had four drinks."

"Four too many..." I said and slowly stood up from the floor.

"Hey, hey! Don't you dare leave without me, asshole!"

Chuuya ran after me and we sneaked out of the room together.

"I think you're too drunk to head back to your room."

Chuuya didn't say a word. He just leaned on the door frame and closed his eyes.

I groaned and put his arm around my neck carrying him up the stairs.

"Chuuya." I whispered for him to wake up.

"Damn you, Chuuya!" The second time I whisper yelled at him but he was still asleep.

"Fine. I'll carry you to your room."

And I did as I said. I slowly opened his door and carried him in.

I didn't turn on the light because ut was five in the morning and someone might wake up.

When I walked over to the bed I was finally able to put Chuuya down.

He wasn't heavy at all, I was just too drunk to carry him any further.

I put a blanket over him and walked over to the door when I heard a whisper.

"Dazai. Thank you. I never had a better birthday. I'm glad I have someone here who I can do fun things with."

I smiled and left the room with a quiet "Good night" directed at Chuuya.

When I arrived in my own room I fell on my bed feeling exhausted.

That night was the first time Chuuya and I got along. Maybe it was the alcohol that made Chuuya act nice.

But I liked to think he really meant everything he said that night.