Chapter 7

Warning: Slight smut.
___________________________________

The game seemed to end faster than it had started.
Lo had left a bit earlier, but we made arrangements to meet up the next day.

She said she would come pick me up which made my heart bounce, because isn't that such a kind thing to do?
She left me, with a wink, a smile and kiss on my hand.
I was in a state of euphoria, not even realizing that Tai's team had won as the crowd grew rowdy.

I watched as Tai called Kennedy, she ran onto on the field and jumped into his arms.
He wrapped his arms around her protectively, giving her a kiss.
I smiled as I watched them, glad that Kennedy had found the happiness that she has been looking for.
The two of them together looked like a movie scene.

I watched as Reese made her way to Tai, congratulating him.
They spoke amongst themselves before Tai and Reese walked off and Kennedy came over to me.

"Come on, We're gonna go to get something to eat." She took a hold of my hand.
I slipped my fingers between her hands and frowned, "Whose we?"
"You, Tai, Reese and myself." She gave my hand a gentle squeeze.
I frowned, "Uh...I don't know..."
"C'mon, I know you don't really like Reese but can't you just do this for me?"
I looked at our hands and sighed, "You know I'd do anything for you."
"Then let's go!"

That's how I ended up in the back seat of Tai's car, next to Reese with the radio playing, creating a comfortable ambiance.
I listened intently before realizing that Fugees - Killing Me Softly was playing.

"Oh shit, I love this song!" Tai said, immediately putting the volume up.
I watched as Kennedy grew excited. I knew it was one of her favourite songs.
I smiled as Tai and Kennedy sang along, the street lights illuminating their faces that were mere inches apart as they looked at each other with nothing but adoration.

I looked over at Reese who was looking out at the window.
Her hand was resting in the middle of the seat.
I looked away, but put my hand in the middle as well.
Ever so slightly, our pinky fingers touched.

Strumming my pain with his fingers

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Reese flinch as our fingers made contact.
I took a deep breathe and gently wrapped my pinky around hers.
Tai and Kennedys singing grew louder.

Singing my life with his words

Reese looked over at me, confused.
I inhaled and looked over at her, my eyes on the brim of tears.
"Do you hate me?" I mouthed.

Killing me softly with his song

Reese's expression softened, ever so slightly.
She shook her head.

Killing me softly

I frowned, the sound of the front seats couple fading. The music now nothing but background noise to me.
"Promise?" I mouthed again.
I couldn't hear, but I saw Reese sigh.
She brought our interlocked pinkies to her mouth and gently kissed our pinky promise.
She looked up at me and nodded, mouthing back, "Promise."

I immediately felt a weight get lifted off of my shoulders.
We move resumed looking out of the window, our hands not leaving one another as the song continued playing.
The traffic lights blurry as I blinked back tears, the headlights of other cars bright.

We made it to a diner eventually and we got out of the car in silence, our hands leaving one another.
Why did my hand feel so empty now?
I sighed, stuffing my hands into my jacket.
No. No, no. Not my jacket, Lo's jacket.

Kennedy held onto Tai's arm as we made our way into the restaurant, they were both laughing, radiating the feeling that young love gave you.
Despite this, they still looked like an old married couple.

We made our way into the diner and found a place to sit.
The diner seemed comfortable and very homely.
The air was hot, they probably had a heater somewhere.

I ordered a club sandwich and a chocolate milkshake when the waiter had come to take our orders, but I was most excited for the milkshake.
I was right in doing so, as the milkshake looked delicious upon arrive.
Especially the top, that was covered with sweet whipped cream and a red cherry plopped on top.

Reese watched me take the milkshake before looking over at Tai, "You're paying yeah?"
"Why would I pay when you're here?"
"Because I always pay!"
"You always have money!"
"Then I'll make a point to pay for everyone but you."
"Okay walk home then?"
They both glared at each other before bursting into laughter.
"I'm playing, I got us covered." Reese said, taking out a wallet and opening it.

My eyes grew wide at the wad of cash stuffed inside. She took out a few dollar bills and put them in her top pocket, presumably for when the bill came.
She noticed me staring and smirked, "Like what you see Ms.Haze?"
"What the fuck did you do to get that amount of money?" I asked, looking up at her.
"Dude, Reese's parents are like, loaded." Tai laughed, picking up his soda float and taking a sip.

Reese shrugged as Tai and Kennedy got up, walking to the bar section.
Apparently Kennedy wanted to try a beer so Tai offered to take her, while simultaneously refusing to try one himself as he was an athele and 'those things aren't good for your body.'

Reese didn't even look at them as they left, her eyes on the jacket that clothed my body.
"You're gonna wear that the entire night?"
I fidgeted with the stem of the cherry that sat on my milkshake, "Well, yeah it's cold."
Reese groaned, throwing her head back then settling it on the seats head rest for support.
I picked the cherry up and took a bite, "Why don't you like Lo?"
"Louise."
"Same thing."
"Whatever."

She stared at the ceiling, as if contemplating what she should say next.
"We just don't get along. She turns everything into a competition."
"Some healthy competition isn't a bad thing though."
"It's not healthy." Reese looked over at me, "Especially since we know I'll always win. She's in that competition by herself."
I couldn't help but smile at Reese's cockiness.
I suppose there are times where it could be endearing.

"Is that so?" I asked rhetorically, shaking my head as I dipped my finger into the whipped cream then licked if off.
Reese's gaze stayed locked on me, the looked behind her eyes almost feral.
"Fuck, Marcy. You drive me fucking crazy."

She leaned in and put her hand on my thigh.
My lower lip quivered as I leaned in as well, as if she had a magnetic pull on me.
She moved her face to my ear and whispered, "You know what?"
I gently guided her hand until it reached my core, it was especially easy since I was wearing a skirt.
"What?" I whispered back, almost breathless as she rubbed her middle finger against my cunt through my panties.

Even though the moment was intense, it still wasn't visible to the few people in the diner.
Nobody could notice what was happening underneath the booth's table.
It was so subtle yet so fucking agonizing.

Reese's cheek gently touched mine as she whispered again, "The only thing stopping me from finger fucking you under the table right now is that fucking jacket." and with that, she moved away, sitting in her previous position once again.

I felt my heart skip a beat and let out a groan, resting my head on the table and sulking.
I heard Tai and Kennedy come back and Kennedy's concerned voice,
"What's wrong with Marcy?"
"She has a stomach ache." Reese answered simply, taking my milkshake from me and sipping on it, as if nothing happened.

____________________________________

A/N:
Date Published: 4 June 2021, Friday.
This chapter wasn't proofread and it's kinda short but we move :(

With everlasting love,
angelsclique.