Dream Gets Bodied Lmao

(*grabs Dream by the neck* You... have been safe for TOO LONG.)

Several years had passed since the Apple Incident.

Dream had been fortunate enough to make it out alive. He couldn't say the same about anyone else in the village. Even if he had been turned to stone, he'd still been alive. He was thankful that his brother had only done that to him, rather than killing him without a second thought. It was kind of like he was given another chance. Not by Nightmare, unfortunately, but by the Tree of Feelings.

He had the last golden apple that the Tree of Feelings had grown. He was the protector of the sole object that gave dreams, hopes, and all positive feelings to the Multiverse. He had to do whatever he could to protect it. It meant he had to do some gruesome things. His hands weren't clean, they were covered in blood and dust that no one else could see. He wasn't born with this much LV and it wasn't just the apple that gave it to him.

He was LV 99. And yet he was the one running from the fight.

He had been confronted with violence on numerous occasions. It was something he'd grown familiar to and, while he didn't like it, he accepted it as part of his life now. Normally it was in conflicts between his team, the Star Sanses, and his brother's forces. But there were others, too, who sought his head.

Just like before, the legend of the Tree of Feelings was known to some worlds. And where there were tales of power and great fortune, there was a breeding ground for malicious intentions and greed. His mother had protected the holy tree and its sacred fruit for millenia for this exact reason. Humans and monsters both came to her and asked for a golden apple, to which she denied them. If they continued to pursue them, she had to do what he'd had to do as well.

"With great power comes great responsibility," as his brother once said.

However, his hunter this time around was no ordinary person. He wasn't even certain if he could call them a human or not, but they greatly resembled one. The aura of darkness and cruelty they emitted was enough to make him run as though his brother was nipping at his heels. He just barely managed to move out of the way in time as one of their attacks whisked by, buzzing with dark energy. It hit a tree and sliced it right in half, and the tree exploded a moment later.

"Where do you think you're going, golden one?" His predator asked him tauntingly. Their voice sent shivers down his spine. "Are you running away~?"

Dream swore under his breath, scrambling to get away as the bits of the tree flew past his face. He'd thought he had a good distance ahead of them, and while he hadn't been planning on stopping, he hadn't expected them to catch up so soon. He hopped down a cliff and ran deeper into the forest. While he was unsure of where he was heading, what he did know was to not turn around or look behind him.

A whooshing sound came from behind him and he threw himself down, nearly stumbling over his own two feet and the mangled roots of the trees. A giant scythe-like blade whirred right past above him and sliced right into the tree in front of him, lodged in firmly and tightly. The blade was a deep red and radiated that dark energy that made him feel nauseous. He struggled to get up from the ground and, ignoring his scraped up knees and hands, kept racing forward.

If I hadn't ducked just then, that blade would've gone straight through me...

"Oh little guardian~!!!" The ever-nearing voice called out. It was so eerie, like one of those little girls from horror films. "I'm gonna find you~!!!"

Dream found himself at a dead end. The forest came to an end in a small clearing, but opposite of him was the sheer face of a large mountain. He turned on his heel to take another route, but stopped in his tracks.