Some Lazy Errorink Oneshot

(I slapped this together with no motivation whatsoever.)

Error had a very unique gift.

He would have visions whenever he fell asleep, of different futures and possibilities. Of course, no one had ever really believed him when he said he'd seen horrible fates they could meet. They always either played along and pretended to be interested or concerned, or they just brushed his warnings off entirely. He never understood how they could smile so ignorantly in the face of potential misfortune and death. So he'd eventually stopped sharing his visions aloud with the others, resorting to writing them down in journals he kept in his room.

The only people to have ever believed him were Nightmare and Dream, the twin brothers who made up the royal family. Nightmare was the king, while Dream was the one who would take his place, should he die before Crescent was of age to take the throne. Dream would sit and listen to him ramble on and on about his visions for hours. Nightmare used to call it nonsense, but had started to listen to Error more and more once one of those visions saved his life.

Error had come to accept his power and not view it as such a horrible thing, though he did still believe it be a curse of some kind. He wanted to use it to protect those who he cared for, which right now he only cared for Dream and Nightmare. He didn't care how the others misunderstood his power.

For the past few days, he'd been spending all of his time sleeping. He'd hardly spare a second to have a meal. He was desperately searching for answers. A way to work around what he'd been seeing in his visions. Horrible scenarios where Dream or Nightmare, or sometimes both of them, met gruesome ends. He needed to save them. They were the only two friends that he had.

He abruptly woke up again, his hands feelings clammy and his forehead covered with sweat. In that last vision, he'd seen a masked figure and a monster wearing brown and white. Spending so much time seeing visions had used up a lot of his energy. Even though it hurt like hell to move, and he wanted to have a nap without visions, he forced himself to move. He had to warn them.

Error somehow managed to get to the throne room without falling over or passing out. The others had given him odd, pitiful looks, but he ignored them all. He staggered into the throne room, lifting his head to call out to the two brothers. But a bone-chilling freeze went from the bottoms of his feet to the top of his head in an instant.

He was here.

"Oh, Error! Look, look! This is our new friend-- his name is Ink!" Dream said, happily waving to him. "He's a little odd like you!"

Dream and Nightmare were very different from each other. While Nightmare would leave someone on the streets without a second thought, Dream couldn't stand the idea of people suffering. He was always bringing in pitiful, homeless people to take care of them. It'd gotten to the point where Nightmare had to establish a rule that only children of ages 10 or younger could be brought in, and they had to move out once they turned 18. That's why there was a whole section of the castle that was deemed the Orphanage Wing. The only exception to that rule was if they were an out-coded character or could prove useful to Nightmare.

Error forced a smile as he stood up straight. He couldn't tell them now, at least not yet. That would put Ink on alert. He'd have to watch him from a distance for when he finally let that innocent facade down. He couldn't help but glance over at the skeleton who Dream had brought home. In his most recent vision, he'd seen the boy crying.

Just like Dream had said, Ink was a very strange person. Error, when compared to the other males in the castle, was rather strange himself, but he still enjoyed doing things that the others did. Ink preferred looser clothes and only ever wore brown and white. Unlike the others, he had good table manners-- though he was never at the table, let alone had Error ever seen him eating. He never asked Nightmare and Dream for the latest gaming console, videogame, or anything of that sort. He'd only ever ask for art supplies.