Chapter 2 -- "Lunchtime".

Yugi's POV.

After me, Joey, Tristan, and Téa arrived on the school roof, we sat in a circle together, and pulled out our lunches.

"Time to dig in!" Joey blurted out.

"You said it, dude!" Tristan added.

Then we all started to eat. As I ate, I opened up my side of the mind link to Yami. I kept eating as I waited for him to open his side, as well. In about a few seconds, Yami opened his side to the mind link.

"Hey, Yami." I smile at Yami.

"Hello, Yugi. I was wondering when you were going to talk to me through the mind link again," he chuckles. "But how are you?"

"Oh, I've been thinking about some things, Yami. Not too much, though. Just small things."

Yami crosses his arms. "Hm, well, I've had a few things on my mind lately, too."

"Really?"

"Yes, I'm still grateful about the day you put together the millennium puzzle. It was as if my whole life was put together again."

After hearing that, a thousand thoughts popped into my head.

"I know, I know. I'm grateful that I met you, too."

Yami smiled at me, gracefully.

"heh, I'm glad."

Yami's POV.

I then became unresponsive for a few seconds, thinking about Yugi, once again. Wondering... and wondering... then, I finally thought, "does yugi like me back?" to myself. I looked away from Yugi.

"Yami, you okay?"

Oh, I was okay, alright. I was just zoned out.

"..."

"Uh, Yami?"

I blushed at a thought I had of Yugi. I immediately covered my face by fully looking away from Yugi. I couldn't let him see me flushed, I just couldn't. If I did, he might've gotten too curious about why I'm blushing. Then, after one minute of slience, I finally looked back.

"Sorry, yugi. I zoned out."

"Oh, It's fine, Yami."

"I think I'll close my side to the mind link now. I'll talk to you later, Yugi."

"alrighty, see ya, Yami!"

I closed my side to the mind link, and so did Yugi. I soon went back to thinking about him, as if it were second nature to me. I talked to myself.

"Something about Yugi makes him seem cute... his amethyst eyes.. there's just something irresistible about him... but I just don't know what... he's very kind, caring, and has a loving heart... I don't know what it is, but I love Yugi..."

Yugi's POV.

After closing my side to the mind link, I started to think to myself. Why was Yami acting like that? He was looking away for a minute, or two.. weird. unless he zoned out, because he has other things on his mind. After thinking, I went back to eating my food.

"Hey, Yugi?"

"Yes, Téa?"

"I've been wondering if me, Joey, and Tristan could come to your place and have a sleepover?"

"oh, I don't mind at all, Téa! Not at all!" I smile at Téa kindly. In return, she smiled back, and exclaimed with happiness.

"Thanks so much, Yugi!"

"No problem!" To add to my kind smile, I gave her a thumbs up as well. I had a feeling that this would be an awesome sleepover with my friends.

"I'll tell Joey and Tristan after school."

"good, Téa."

Then, the school bell rang for the next and last periods of school, before the day was finally done, and we could have the sleepover.