Chapter 7 -- "Confessions at the end of the day".

Yugi's POV.

The alarm clock sounded, which almost instantly woke me up. But I was excited, since today was friday, the last day of the week. I finally could have free time, and not have to worry about doing exhausting mountains of homework.

"Finally, it's friday. The day I've been waiting for!" The tone in my voice was excited, the tone that I usually never talk with in the morning, because I wake up tired. I jumped up from bed and prepared myself for school. In only a few minutes, I was ready to go. I ran downstairs.

"See ya, grandpa!"

"Bye, Yugi! Have a good day!"

--time skip by 5 minutes--

When I got to school, I instantly saw Téa, Tristan, and Joey waiting for me. I wave at them as I approach them.

"Hey, guys!"

"Hi, Yugi!" Téa responded. "Ready for the last day of this week?"

"you bet." I smiled. We all walked in. I went to my locker. As I was gathering materials for class, Yami unexpectedly opened his mind link to me.

"Yugi?"

I decided to open my side to the mind link for a bit.

"Yes? I'm about to go to class, Yami. I can't talk long."

"Oh, my apologies. But I just wanted to mention something. At the end of the day, I wanna talk to you."

"About what?"

"It's secret."

"Uh, okay?"

Yami closed out his side to the mind link a bit faster than usual, which was a little suspicious to me. I closed out my side right after he did.

Yami's POV.

How doesn't he know yet? How doesn't he know that I like him? Maybe he does, or maybe he doesn't, but he can't at least take a hint? I thought to myself. I was embarrassed and worried at the same time, although, with the worryness, I wasn't worried too much, because when we had that sleepover with the others, I could've sworn I saw him blush when I told him about why I was sleeping with him. Or, it could've possibly just been me, but I hope not. I'm starting to think that all this time, he was hiding his true feelings, but I'm practically doing the same thing.

"No, I'm not holding back any more now. Today will be the day that I let my true feelings loose." I said to myself in The confident tone. I needed to prepare for my speech, so I started. I practiced, and practiced, until I perfected it. This was like a one shot for me: I either end up taking the shot and gaining yugi's heart, or I end up taking the shot, and ultimately missing it. No matter what, I stood confident.

Yugi's POV.

While in class, the teacher handed out our test grades from yesterday. As he handed out the grade, I was glad I ended up with an A. Although, I could've gotten an A+, but it's fine. I look at Joey. And by the look on his face, he didn't look so pleased with his grade. After glancing to Joey, I glance to Téa next. She looked pretty happy with her grade. Last but not least, I glanced over to Tristan. His reaction was slightly identical to Joey's, although, it looked like a mixture of proud and disappointed.

"Alright, class. Now you're gonna work on this." He passed out papers to everyone.

--time skip by 2 hours--

The bell rung, and students immediately started walking out for lunch. On my way to lunch, I talked with Téa.

"Hey, Téa."

"Oh, hi Yugi."

"So what was your grade on the test from yesterday?"

"I got an A+!"

"That's nice, Téa."

"Yep. But what about your grade?"

"I... got an A. Heh. I could've done a tiny bit better."

"That's still good, Yugi."

"Mhm."

We stopped walking when we finally got to the roof to eat. I saw Tristan and Joey talking and eating together. They were like the best of friends.

--time skip by another 2 hours--

By the time school was done, Yami immediately opened his side of the mind link to me. I opened my side as soon as he did.

"Uh, hey Yami. You said before school that you had something to tell me"?

"Yes, I did."

"Well, what is it?"

"I need to come out of the millennium puzzle first."

"Sure, hold on."

I walk outside with my friends, and I tell them that I'm gonna talk to Yami. They walked off without me into the distance.

"Okay, you can come out now." The puzzle flashed, then Yami appeared in front of me.

"So, what was it that you wanted to tell me?"

"Well, you remember when we met, right Yugi?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's just say that, ever since we met by the millennium puzzle, I've felt a strong and developing link with you."

"Uh, I've felt the same."

"And, I think that link is still growing, into something truly..." Yami hesitated for about two seconds.

"Something truly remarkable." He continues again.

"And... when I met you... I started to strongly like your personality. You're friendly, helpful, determined, and very... innocent. What I'm saying is that... I like you, Yugi."

"Wow, I, uh..." I couldn't even talk normally, because I was too filled with excitement and love for Yami. I could feel a blush immediately appearing on my face. I saw Yami look at my face for a few seconds, then asked,

"Do you like me back?"

Without hesitation or regret, I immediately dashed to him and kissed him on the lips, feeling very lovable at the moment. He kissed me back as well. We both pulled back after a few moments.

"Of course I like you back, Yami!" I smile with strong compassion.

"I'm glad. I've been waiting for this moment for some time now." He chuckles.

"Handsome, hehe." I said in a polite and kind manner.

"Thanks for the compliment." He winked with a smile.