Chapter 5 -- "Running into danger, and saving you".

Yami's POV:

After recovering from the events that occured with me and Marik, I started to think of a way for me to enter the Shadow Realm, and get to Yugi. Then, a thought popped up.

"Wait... I think I know how to enter the Shadow Realm... and I'll need help from the millennium puzzle.." I had a determined tone in my voice. I then took the puzzle off my neck, and tapped into its ancient powers. It began to glow. after a few seconds, I was transported into the Shadow Realm.

"It worked. Now, time to find Marik..."

I started to walk around, looking everywhere Marik. So far, I have not found or seen Marik. Only dark and purplish smoke. Typical, for the Shadow Realm.

"Where could you be, Marik..." My voice was angered, but calm at the same time. It was obvious that Marik would come out when the time was right, so I was prepared for any surprise attack he tried to perform on me.

"Ugh..." I grunt in annoyment.

"Pharaoh... if you dare to come any closer... Yugi dies..." A quiet and devilish whisper came from the shadows, which instantly made me stop walking.

"Marik... I know it's you.. come out and face me!" I yelled, hoping to get him out from the shadows, so I could see him. But to my surprise, he actually exposed himself.

"Just to prove I'm not the coward you think I am, pharaoh." He said with a evil tone in his voice, followed by a hellish laugh

"Where.... is... Yugi..."

"You'll have to get through me to find out... heh, heh..."

"If I must..." I hissed.

Just like my previous encounter with Marik, I powered up for a mind crush. The same thing applied to me the last time I powered up for a mind crush.

"Marik... THIS.. ENDS.. NOW!"

In another second, I blasted and directed all of the power from the millennium puzzle to Marik. Like he did last time, he shielded my mighty blast with his millennium rod.

"YES, THAT'S RIGHT, PHARAOH... HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT!"

"YOU'LL REGRET EVER SAYING THAT."

As my mind crush got even more powerful, it looked like it was penetrating his shield. It pushed more and more, getting closer to Marik. Just in a few moments, my blast was able to get through and knock back Marik.

"AH!" He yelled in pain as he got hit. I was breathing heavily from exhaustion.

"Now... where's Yugi..."

"..."

"Well....?" My voice became a little angered, once again.

"He's here... right here.." Yugi appeared, still passed out.

"Yugi.."

I got up, and walked over to him. I picked him up bridal style. The millennium puzzle started to glow, then it transported us back to Yugi's room. I laid Yugi in his bed, waiting for him to wake up, but also, hoping for the best.