Epilogue Two - The Wedding

One Year Later

One Year Later

This will be easy, I told myself for the twentieth time. I needed to relax. Just focus on today; stop thinking about everything else.

"It's almost time!" Amity announced from the entrance to my dressing tent, and I jumped at the sound of her soft voice. She grinned and asked, "Nervous?"

"Nope. Not at all," I lied and shook my head. Being near her was calming. I felt like I was where I was supposed to be. I was still freaking out a little, though. What if I messed something up? "You wouldn't happen to have any purple moss juice on you, would you?"

Her eyes widened, and her surprising giggle made me laugh. Amity said, "I don't have any, and I don't think you really want any. Sunshine and I have put in too much work making everything just right for you to be oblivious."

"I know." I sighed. "It's going to be awesome, and I don't want to miss anything."

"Everything is beautiful out there!" Jolie sang as she glided into my room.

"Thank you." Amity took a bow. "I was just telling Mark he's going to love it."

"He definitely is." Jolie grinned at both of us.

I was tempted to peek, but I'd promised to wait until the singing started. The path that led to my spot for the ceremony was right outside the door.

"Alright, you have a few minutes. I'm going to make sure everything is taken care of." Amity winked as she exited quickly, ensuring I couldn't catch a glimpse of anything.

Jolie laughed. "I just heard Sunshine correcting the guys with the fans. 'We're not looking for an inferno! We want a gentle glow,'" she said in the clipped voice Sunshine used when she was frustrated.

"I'm glad Amity's leading the ceremony. I don't want Sunshine to get mad at me if I mess up." I chuckled.

"You're not going to mess up. Everything will be flawless." Jolie hugged me tightly.

"Take notes. You don't have long before it's your turn."

"I know!" Jolie grinned and bounced on her toes. "I'm so excited. Ash is thrilled, and Bea's happy for us. Everything's going to be perfect for everyone."

My stomach sank as I thought about the future. I didn't want to say anything to ruin the day, but of course, Jolie could tell something was bothering me.

She squinted and leaned closer. "What's wrong? And don't say nothing."

I studied the floor as I asked, "What if you keep aging? Have you guys talked about what you'll do?"

She shrugged. "For now, we don't know if my magic will slow my aging as long as I'm here. We're just going to wait and see and decide when we know for sure."