34

Things aren't meant to end the way they started but they do, Tyler grabbed his bags looking up at Josh tiredly. "Where are you going?" Josh asked wearily, burying his face in his hands. "I'm leaving, going where you won't have to worry about me," Tyler whispered. Josh held back a sob. "I can't believe I can't fix this one," Josh muttered, looking at Tyler. "I-I don't love you anymore," Tyler whimpered, tears stinging his eyes. Josh bit his lip. "You don't have a set house," Josh whispered. "I'll go with Sol, she seems like she can handle me. After all, you did for a good decade. You're not getting any better, you get angry easily and you're too stressed. I don't like living like his," Tyler croaked. Josh wiped his eyes. "What happened to you, Josh? Your baby bunny missed you," Tyler whispered. Josh choked on his words, he shook his head. "Leave then," he muttered. "If me trying wasn't good enough then leave," Josh spat, growing angry. Tyler stared at him blankly. "I'm sorry," Josh said in a hushed voice. Tyler shut his eyes. "I-I left the house keys on the dinner table. The wedding ring and engagement ring," Tyler said in his best steady voice. "Tyler," Josh started. Tyler put a finger over his own lips. "I cleaned out the closet, I took what was mine. Y-You can have all the colorful plates we used during headspace and the anniversary presents.  I left you a bottle of body wash and the fridge isn't very empty," Tyler whispered. "I don't want you to leave," Josh sobbed, finally breaking down. Tyler teared up, shaking his head. "I want to leave,"  Tyler whispered. "I won't keep you," Josh said, picking at the sheets on the bed. Tyler hiccuped out a soft cry. "I'll see you when it's time," Tyler said. Josh looked up at him, his eyes filled with pain. "Don't give me that look," Tyler mumbled, holding his suitcase tightly. "Sorry," Josh muttered, looking down at his socked feet. "Don't apologize, some things don't last forever," Tyler mumbled. "I thought we would," Josh said dimly. Tyler stared at him. "Why are you so cold now?" he asked. Josh's furrowed his eyebrows. "All you do is complain over what I am now? I don't want to hear it, Tyler! If all you do is wish I were different then I guess you never knew me! I have feelings too, y'know," Josh exclaimed, obviously getting frustrated with himself and Tyler. "This is why I don't love you anymore!" Tyler sobbed. Josh flinched, he stood up and left to the bathroom. "Josh," Tyler cried, banging on the door. "Leave! Leave my house and go live with someone who will meet your standards!" Josh yelled, shaking with fury. "Josh, get out of there and I'll leave!" Tyler cried. "Leave me alone," Josh snapped. "Josh," Tyler tried softly. "No, I don't want to hear from you," Josh said. "Get out of there," Tyler hissed. "Why do you care? You just said that you didn't love me anymore," Josh spat. Tyler went silent. "Do you love me?" Josh asked. Tyler's eyes widened. "I loved you," Tyler answered after a long pause. Tyler heard Josh giggle. "Josh," Tyler whispered. It went dead silent. 

Tyler snapped out of his dream, crying out loudly. "Josh!" he sobbed, sitting up straight. The older jolted awake. "Baby," he gasped. Tyler hugged him tightly, pressing his whole body against Josh's. Josh had never seen him like this. "Bunny," Josh whispered, holding Tyler tightly. Tyler sobbed violently. Josh carefully laid Tyler down on his back. The bunny refused to let go. "Hey," Josh whispered, kissing Tyler's wet cheeks.  Tyler whimpered, sniffling. "What happened? Did my baby have a nightmare?" Josh asked gently, pinning Tyler's hands above his head. "N-No more marry a-and Joshie died!" Tyler cried. Josh frowned. "I'm right here. Joshie's right here, would you like a kiss?" Josh cooed, attempting to prove that he in fact was still alive. Tyler nodded. Josh first wiped Tyler's runny nose with his shirt and kissed the bunny passionately. Tyler clung to him after the kiss, trying to calm down. Josh looked at the time. 5:00 AM. "Want to go down to the park?" Josh asked, knowing Tyler wouldn't go back to sleep or want to stay in bed anymore. Tyler nodded, holding Josh tighter. Josh kissed his forehead. "My pretty baby bunny," Josh whispered against Tyler's forehead as he grabbed Tyler's jacket and a pair of sweats with his own clothes. 

Tyler whined softly as Josh dressed him. "I know, nightmares are so poopy," Josh whispered. Tyler sniffed, looking up at Josh. The older immediately went to comfort him, realizing that bringing it up wouldn't help. "I'm so sorry, bunny," Josh whispered, zipping Tyler's jacket then closing the velcro part. Josh moved Tyler's hair out of his eyes and slipped a beanie onto his head. Josh got dressed quickly and slipped on their shows before picking up Tyler. They started out the door, Josh's phone and keys in his pocket along with a sleep gummy packet for Tyler. 

Josh set Tyler down when they reached the playground. Tyler pulled Josh with him, refusing to let go. "Wanna be a chef today?" Josh asked, staring at Tyler's old mud pies. Tyler shook his head, climbing onto Josh's lap. "Let's go grab your sand toys and play in the dirt," Josh whispered. He reached into a hole where Tyler left his toys before carrying them over to the "sandbox" which was more of a soil box that no one used. Tyler sat in the soil holding out his hand for Josh to hold when he needed it. Josh played with Tyler, smiling when his bunny would squirm excitedly. Tyler yawned after about an hour of playing, he climbed onto Josh throwing the sand bucket aside. Josh held him for a moment, he could tell Tyler was still buzzing with whatever he was running on. Josh slipped the gummy packet out of his back pocket and took two out. "Open," Josh whispered. Tyler complied, smiling when he got the gummies in his mouth. 

-

"Good night," Tyler whispered, laying his head on Josh's chest. "Night night," Josh smiled, kissing his forehead. Hopefully, nightmares would keep away for now.