Chapter 1

The large glass building was located on the corner of the block, in the heart of the city. A sight to see from all corners of the downtown area, you loved that you worked at BigHit Music. Of course, housing the globally recognized idol duo, SeoulM8, made working there fun. You walked into the building, and swiped your badge as you made your way through the secured entrance and up the elevator to your office.

The gold plaque on your door highlighted your name and position. To this day you're still in awe to see your name engraved in sans serif with the words "Lead Wardrobe Stylist" written beneath it. You entered the office, flipping on the lights and smiling at the large board along the back wall. It was covered with the designs you would need for the upcoming shoot for SeoulM8's fan content, first single off their newest album, and plans for the concert wardrobe as well.

Placing your empty insulated coffee tumbler on your desk, you set down all of your belongings, organizing your design tablet, notebook, and favorite writing utensils before once again taking the tumbler in hand. A cup of coffee would be perfect to start your busy Monday before your meeting with Jimin and Taehyung about their wardrobe later today.

Walking into the employee lounge area, you set about making your coffee. Others walked in and out, dropping off packed lunches and grabbing coffee as well, so you can't help but hear the gossip as two of the women who work with SeoulM8 discuss the latest office drama.

"I can't believe it. She broke up with him!" Becca said, her colorful pixie cut swaying slightly as she shook her head.

"She's crazy, Jungkook is gorgeous; have you seen his thighs?" Theresa responded, twirling her dark purple curls in wonder.

You stirred in the caramel creamer slowly, listening to their conversation. Jeon Jungkook and Jeon Somin (no relation) had been dating for almost as long as you could remember. It was surprising to hear that they were broken up.

"Somin is really pretty too, though, she could have any guy... What if that's what it was?"

"You think someone better than Jungkook came along and wooed her?"

"I mean... I swore I heard a rumor that she went out on a date with one of the actors, but who knows. All we know for sure is that Jungkook is single."

Finishing your coffee, you closed the lid to your favorite cup and left the room, smiling politely to Becca and Theresa who provided you with the information that had your head reeling. The entire walk back to your office, and even once you were seated at the desk, you couldn't stop thinking about Jungkook and Somin.

Somin was one of the first friends you made at BigHit School for Music and Artists when you transferred in after completing your AA requirements at another university. BHSMA operated differently than traditional universities, converting students to employees at the company associated with the school. It was where you met Jungkook, Jimin, and a few other people that you worked closely with at the company. After that first year though, you grew apart from some of the people you spent that entire first year with, making new friends, like the one walking in through your office door.

So lost in thoughts of the past, you almost knocked over your perfectly made coffee onto your design tablet, where you had been sketching aimlessly. A dimpled smile was the cause of your quickly beating heart, complimenting the face of Namjoon, who startled you when he called your name loudly.

"Joon, I swear, one day, you will be the death of me, and my electronics."

"Listen, you dropped your phone all on your own, no one told you to be scared when I walked into the room."

"Stop being so fucking loud when you enter, you startle people!"

He just laughed, his pretty eyes disappearing as he expelled joy. Namjoon was glowing, his tanned skin looking healthy and youthful. You couldn't help but smile at him as he pushed his falling platinum hair out of his dark eyes and set his gaze on you.

"I think I'm gonna do it today, Y/N."

You froze, smile still on display, but a little less enthusiastic than when he had first walked in.

"Do it?" You asked, wary as you saw his hand drift to his inside coat pocket.

"I love her, Y/N. I think I'm gonna ask her to be mine, always." Namjoon removed a small velvet box from his pocket and you reached for it, hand trembling slightly. Namjoon, in his excitement, was oblivious to the way you shook, as well as the sound of your heart splintering. "Do you think Jennie will like it?"

Looking at the ring tucked into the box, you nodded, not trusting your voice. Of course Jennie would. It was beautiful. A rose gold band with an opulent Moonstone set in the middle, and two smaller diamonds set on either side. You knew that the moonstone was Joon's favorite, he talked about how much he loved the moon countless late nights that you would sit with him in his studio.

"It's gorgeous, Namjoon." You said quietly. This time, he noticed the tremble of your voice, and stood worriedly from where he was perched on the corner of your desk.

"Whoa, what's wrong?" He asked you, concerned by your demeanor.

"Nothing, I'm just so happy for you." You lied, tilting your head back to blink away the forming tears. Believing you, he enveloped you into a hug and you hugged him back tightly, afraid to let go.

"Ah, you have a meeting soon and I'm here making you cry... I'll see you after and tell you how it went! Good luck, Y/N!"

Namjoon exited your office, footsteps light as he headed towards his future... and away from you. Sinking into your chair, you take several steadying breaths in order to settle your heart. Why did it hurt so much? You had given up on the idea of you and Namjoon a long time ago. This wasn't what you expected to have to deal with when you arrived to work, but you were a professional. Wiping your smudged eyeliner to clean up your makeup, you looked down at your design tablet, where you see the sketch of a professional camera held by a large hand up to a large doe eye half finished on your screen.

Hitting the "new" button, you begin to draw anew on a clean canvas creating the concept for the concert design for your meeting with SeoulM8 later on.