Chapter 3

That next morning, you checked Namjoon's phone for his calendar. Having known him for several years, you know his passcode and that he keeps his work schedule exclusively on his cell. Typing in the code, 0613, you saw that his calendar stated that he didn't need to go to the office until around noon.

Lucky , you thought, eyeing the time on the phone. It was a little past 6:45am, and you had to wake your sister for her hands-on class before you got ready for the day.

"Yuna! It's almost 7," you say as you knocked on her door and heard a muffled response. You headed back to your room and chose your outfit, knowing that the day would be busy and long with the concept photoshoot for SeoulM8 starting today. Choosing your outfit wisely, you climbed into the shower a few minutes later and spent at least a half hour just trying to cure the small hangover from the wine.

Once dressed, you found Yuna packing her bag for class. It was getting close to 8, which is the latest that you could leave to be at work on time, so you wrote a quick note to Namjoon and ran back to leave it on the bed. His hand snaked out of the covers just as you were pulling your hand back, a gentle grip to your wrist holding you there.

"Y/N, thank you for last night." His voice is like a bullfrog's croak, and you chuckled.

"Let me get you some water and some pain meds, okay? And of course Joonie, I'm here for you." You leaned onto the bed with one knee, smoothing his hair back from his face once he's released your wrist. "Always."

Pressing your lips to his warm forehead, he pulled you down onto the bed with a hug and you can't help but laugh.

"I've got to go! I'll see you later, okay?" He nodded before he grips your neck, bringing his lips to your forehead this time. His lips linger longer than usual, and you shut your eyes at the tenderness of his kiss.

"Go back to sleep, now." You pulled away from him, going to grab the medicine and water before you and Yuna leave the apartment.

You made it to work with extra time to make your coffee, so after you dropped off all of your extra stuff, you grabbed your tumbler and work tablet with all of your drawn designs for today's shoot and made your way through the busy halls to the employee lounge. Today, the door was propped open for ease as it was a busier day in the building.

You stood at the counter, stirring in the caramel creamer that you loved, when you felt a presence enter the room behind you.

"Y/N."

Turning lazily, you cocked your eyebrow at Jungkook, who was standing awkwardly behind you. He had kicked the doorstop, allowing the door to close so that the two of you stood alone in the small staff kitchen. His hands were tucked into his joggers, while a white button down hung loosely from his frame.

"Whats up JK?" You asked, expecting him to address something about the shoot. You hadn't yet seen the men you were to dress, so you couldn't fathom he was here to complain already about the costuming. "If it's about the wardrobe, I haven't even seen Tae or Jimin yet, so—"

"Actually, no. Um," he rubbed the back of his neck before making eye contact with you, "I know that when we had sex that one time, it was great—"

Instantly, alarm bells went off in your head. What the actual fuck was Jungkook doing talking about the night you lost your virginity to each other?

"—but I just... don't feel the same way that you do about me. You know? That was years ago, and yeah while it was just as good for me as it was for you, I'm not in love with you or anything, I just broke up with Somin too, so—"