Chapter Nineteen - Crew

Evie is just like I remember, only slightly better. She's more confident now. Sexier. Not as unsure about herself.

"That was fucking hot," I whisper, planting a kiss against her hair.

She giggles and then bites her lip again. "Did it still feel... um? Just as good?" she asks shyly.

"Uhh yeah, couldn't you tell I liked it?" I ask, looking down at my jizz leaking out of her, dripping down to the bathtub floor.

"No, I mean-" her cheeks flush. Evie was always embarrassed talking about sex. "I mean, like, since I've had a baby. Does it feel different?"

"Same house, different layout. It's like it's been remodeled." I shrug.

Her face goes white.

Laughing, I cup her face in my hands. "Definitely not a bad thing, babe. I said it was remodeled, I didn't say it was destroyed."

She gives me a slow smile and nods.

"Like I said, I think you can see how much I liked it."

Evie presses her soft lips against mine. "I liked it too."

The next morning, I wake up with a foot in my ribs. Penn has starfished himself in the middle of the bed, between us. Evie is dangerously close to one edge, and I'm on the opposite. Rubbing my eyes, I walk into the bathroom and glance over at the tub. Smiling, I run some water over my face and rinse my mouth out with a mini bottle of mouthwash.

Stepping out into the hall, I use my cell phone to call for room service and order us breakfast. Making sure I silently close the door, I slip back inside and get back under the covers. Penn rotates and now he's on his side, stretched out between us so we make a letter H.

Is this shit normal?

There's a knock on the door, and they both stir. Penn rubs his eyes, bed head making his curls go wild. And Evie looks around, confused. I get up, opening the door, and a man in a suit pushes in a silver cart.

"I was told that you like pancakes," I tell my son.

My son. Can you believe I have a son?

His eyes get excited and he reaches for the glow worm toy I brought last night. Tucking it under his arm, he slinks off the bed and comes up to the cart. I bend down and reach out my hands, and he steps forward. Picking him up, I tip the man and then, for the first time ever, I get to have breakfast with my boy.