Chapter 12

" MAAAA .... YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFULLLLL !!!!", I shrieked as soon as I saw her.

There she was, descending the stairways gracefully in her peach pink saree and oxidized jewelery, it wouldn't give justice if I just said that she is Beautiful .

" Beautiful? Cut that, you're super gorgeous Aunty !! I bet, Uncle is going to fall in love all over again !!!!!!! ", Riya screamed with utmost enthusiasm. She wouldn't be this excited about her wedding I am telling you.

" Of course Aunty, we aren't lying. You're elegant! ", Swetha said with sincerity in her voice.

" And what do you have to say Neena? ", Ma asked Neena whose mouth was literally hanging in the air. Wait, don't tell me that her jaw is dislocated.

No, it can't be .......

As if a cold bucket of water was poured on her, she immediately closed her mouth before throwing us a sheepish grin.

" I am just flabbergasted, Aunty! ", She replied to the question which was asked centuries back.

Great timing!

" Thank you so much, sweethearts! You had sacrificed all your time just for this. I have no words to explain how happy I am !! You're the best! ", Ma said, slightly tearing up in the process. If you don't know one thing about mom, then let me tell you - she gets easily emotional. Even for the smallest things.

And you may think why she is getting emotional. Sorry, for holding you back - it's because she is getting married.

Yeah, you heard that right. Never in my life, I thought that she'd get married. It's emotional for me too. She may be the person with the biggest smile on her face, but that's not it. Behind that beautiful smile holds a lot of pain, heartbreaks and betrayal.

Even though I was small, I had seen her undergo a lot of things just so she could raise me well. She faced this whole damned society who was criticizing her, for things that weren't even her fault. Over time, we had grown overprotective of each other.

I never bothered about others, but when it comes to the matters of my mom and my friends, I turn overprotective in just a split second. And now, here I am getting emotional as if I am seeing my daughter getting married.

I guess, this one week of me coming to terms with my mom's marriage wasn't enough!

" Arti? What happened putta? ", Ma asked while placing her soft palms on my cheek. She must've probably noticed me zoning out.

How comforting this is .....

" Nothing Ma .. ", I said as I placed my hand on her hand, softly caressing while I continued, " ... I just remembered how beautiful of a person you're! ". I could feel the water lining my eyes, while a small lump formed at the back of my throat making it hard to swallow.