a/n

howdy! this is my nanowrimo 50k-words-in-a-month july entry thing :)

this is probably the first exclusively scifi book that i've written, which is fun but also sort of anxiety-inducing because it's not what i'm used to. i've so enjoyed working on this, though, and the characters mean more to me than all of the characters i've ever written before combined. i'm thrilled to share the queer-brown-californian experience with you through this story [with an added alien twist, ofc].

before you begin, the main characters are indeed brown and queer... if you don't like it, you'd probably be better off reading something different!

an important note- i have neither attempted nor intended to glorify or romanticize issues that people face/negative biases! the opinions of characters in this story are not necessarily my own, especially those regarding sexuality, identity, race, and other unchangeable aspects of a person. i am a queer person, and a person of color, and i in no way mean to offend anyone about their own gender, sexuality, or ethnicity!

<3 <3 

i'll probably start publishing once i have a few more chapters written!! in the meantime, i've been updating my word count on the nanowrimo website (my username is the same as on here!!)

p.s. in this book, the pandemic never happened :>