12.

Ty was ready to curl up under his blankets again.

His date with Chester was in less than two hours, he was already panicking.

Theo stood near the doorway, watching Ty as he laid facedown and he quirked an eyebrow,

"I've never seen you like this with a date"

"Because I actually like this guy" Ty said, his words coming out all muffled and Theo rolled his eyes. Heading over to Ty's closet and taking an outfit down, tossing it to Ty.

"There, wear that, problem solved"

Ty held out a thumbs up.

"You can't lay there and expect your bed to swallow you"

"Yes I can"

Theo rolled his eyes and walked off. Ty got up and sighed, looking at the outfit before slowly starting to get changed from his cozy pyjamas to normal people clothes.

~!~!~!~

Luckily, Ty didn't need to wait for too long as Chester was right on time.

Chester knocked on the door and Theo opened it, the two talking for a minute which Ty was fairly sure was Theo threatening to skin Chester if he were to hurt Ty.

"Hey baby" Chester said, smiling. He looked good, "how's it going?"

"It's going" Ty said softly, smiling at Chester who smiled softly back, offering a hand to Ty who took it gently.

"Be back before two" Theo said and Chester nodded before Ty walked off to the car, climbing in.

"Where are we going?" Ty asked as he buckled up and Chester shrugged,

"Figured we could just go to a diner for dinner"

"Sounds great to me" Ty said and smiled at Chester who smiled back. The man driving off.

~!~!~!~

Ty rambled on, talking about next to anything that came into his head and Chester listened attentively.

"-and that's how Dusk broke our kitchen sink" Ty said and Chester chuckled,

"I remember that...Dusk came home bawling"

Ty gave a sheepish smile, picking at the side of the glass his milkshake had come in before he looked at Chester, "how long have you liked me?"

"...Uh..." Chester rubbed the back of his neck, "since you were about...twenty six"

"That long?" Ty asked, tilting his head and Chester nodded,

"Yea, you were watching a movie with Dusk and I was just there. You two kept laughing and you looked so happy and...I wanted to make you that happy"

Ty smiled a bit, "I've liked you since I was like...sixteen"

Chester smiled. A genuine smile and not a cocky one, it looked nice on him,

"Stupid crush on your best friends older brother huh?"

"Yea except..." Ty gestured between them, making Chester laugh again. Ty's chest glowed warm.

The two left the diner a while after, Chester looking down at Ty,

"Can I take you somewhere?"

Ty quirked an eyebrow, "sure" he said

Chester nodded and opened the car door for Ty before getting in himself. Ty bit back an old joke before climbing in.

The ride was fairly quiet. Chester let Ty pick the music and seemed content to watch Ty be in his own little world before he parked near a thankfully gated off cliff but Ty's eyes widened.

Over the ocean, Ty was able to see a mass of stars glowing. It looked like every stock image of a perfect night sky.

"Oh my..." Ty gasped softly, Chester unbuckling and holding an arm out for Ty who unbuckled and scooted over to cuddle into Chester's side.

The radio played softly, a soft background and Ty nuzzled his face into Chester who hummed quietly along with the music.

"Can I kiss you?" Chester asked quietly and Ty looked up, nodding slowly and Chester leaned down, carefully pressing his lips to Ty's who raised a hand to place on Chester's scruff covered cheek.

They continued to kiss lazily, with the radio playing softly and the stars outside twinkling brightly.