Chapter Three

We often learn too late that we spent too much time worrying about the things that mattered least

"I will baby ." I said trying to get off the phone with Que , my boyfriend . He's real name is Quincy but everyone knows him as Que . We been on and off for the past months . I know he's messing around with other girls . Let's be real , what twenty one year old can go ten months without any and stay loyal . "Don't fucking play with me Trinity , I don't mind pulling up on you any day ." Love when he's in control , like boy you ain't gone do a damn thing .

"Bye ." Taking the phone away from my ear hearing him talk before hanging up on him . I knew I wasn't gone hear from him in another couple weeks . Walking over to my full body mirror , I analogize my outfit . I was wearing a peach high neck short romper with my white sandals . I did goddess braids earlier , so I just added a white flower headband . Applying my matte dark burgundy lipstick with a little of eye shadow .

Hearing knocks downstairs , I grabbed my phone and lip gloss to go . "Where you going ?" Nancy husky voice said from behind me , turning around I saw her sitting on the couch in the dark smoking a cigarette . For the past days she been acting different because of the death of her sister . "Avery taking me to the movies with his parents ." I lied crossing my fingers . She nodded her head turning back forward looking at the TV . I had a gut feeling something was going to happened , but I tried to push it out the way .

* * *

"Whoa ." I awed as I stepped out the car , this was a mansion . Avery chuckled wrapping his arms around his date Selena . "Get used to it ." I turned around to Gavin , another one of Avery knuckle head friends . He was hitting on me every since I first met him , I won't lie he was a fine piece of white chocolate but he was a player . Walking into the house , the smell of weed and musk hit my face making me cover my nose . "TRINITY !" Key ran up bringing me into a hug . "You made it ." She smiled pulling away from me . Selena was mugging her wrapping her arms around Avery . I will ask about that later . "Hey Key ." Gavin smirked eyeing Key down with lust .

" Gavin smirked eyeing Key down with lust

"I don't want you big head ." She laughed pulling my arm . Following her to the kitchen , she grabbed a red cup doubling it before pouring whatever punch they had . Handing it to me , I gave her a unsure look . "It's just fruits , eight different alcohols , and sprite ." Taking a big gulp I felt it burn a little before the sweet taste of pineapples and orange hit my taste buds . "I want you to meet someone ." She smiled grabbing a girl arm that was behind her . "This is my best friend Rayne ." Exchanging hey's she looked just look Key , but the black girl version .

" Exchanging hey's she looked just look Key , but the black girl version