Chapter Five

the quality of your life will in direct proportion to the level of your gratitude

"Why do you look so down ?" Rayne asked bumping my shoulder . We were riding to school and I was still wore out from what happened last night . "Didn't get enough sleep , that's all ." I said checking my Snapchat . I just met them a couple days ago and I don't feel okay just opening up to them what been going on . Especially with Tyrone . Key Parked the car as we got out . "So this is the school huh ." Dee laugh noticing some girls from the counter of our eyes giving him the eyes .

Thirsty ass . The four of us walked into the school waiting for them to get their schedule . "Let me see ." Rayne took Key's schedule reading over it . I did the same with Dee's . He was a senior along with Avery ; leaving Rayne , Key , Javion , and I just juniors . "We have art and gym together ." I smiled handing back his paper . He smirked before looking behind him seeing Avery and Selena walk into the school . The bell rang for first block .

"Come before we are late ." I snatched his hand catching him off guard . "Damn girl , never met someone so in a rush to get to class ." He laughed as I sorta dragged him to the art room . "Once the tardy bell ring teachers lock the doors , if the guards catches you out in the hallways you get into big trouble ." I told him as we walked into the room just in time . Everyone was eyeing the two us , most of the girls whispered most likely talking about Dee .

"Thank you Ms . Singleton for showing our new student to his first class ." Mrs . Harris said giving me a warm hug before dismissing me to my seat . "Class I want y'all to meet our new student Mr . Demarcus Davis . Now tell us a little about yourself ." She smiled .

"Um I'm from South Bend , Indiana . My favorite color is red . I have an older brother and younger brother , and my younger sister Akari Hong - Davis goes here . And I play basketball ." The whole time he talked he kept his eyes on me smiling like he wasn't nervous . "Thank you for telling us a little about yourself , why not you find a empty seat . Today is a free day so you can chill ." He thanks her before walking over to the chair beside me and sat down . Diana , my best friend since sixth grade gave me and him them eyes like I know something is up between y'all . "Hello , I'm Diana , this bitch sister from another mister . Nice to meet you Dee Dee ." She cheesed showing her full mouth of braces .

" She cheesed showing her full mouth of braces

"Damn you fine ." Shalayla pulled the chair in front of Dee giving him lustful eyes . "Thanks ." He chucked showing his perfect teeth . I mugged the hell out of her . That reminds me , I have to explain him the problem I had with her since he caught on to my face expression . "Don't you have a boy to get to ?" I mugged her . I was tired of seeing her disrespectful ass walking around like she run shit . Bitch she all that just because she gets everything she wants in designer . "Don't you have a diet to get to ." She mugged me back rolling her eyes .

"I swear fat bitches think they all that once they get a nigga and sum dick ." She laughed making a scene . "Yo I swear bitches like you think they run shit all because they got a baby and sugar daddy paying for they shit you got . At least I work for my money ." I snapped back . A few people began to notice and pull out phones thinking a fight going to break out . She gasped . That baby daddy part hit her , not many know about her pregnancy because she hid it for five months then left the school during her freshman year before coming back . The only reason everyone praise her because of her features she got after she gave birth .

"I hop you fucking die bitch ." Shalayla semi yelled getting up from the table . "Yeah like yo baby ?" Plenty of people would look at me wrong for calling out her baby who died a couple months ago from an asthma attack . But I give no fucks about her with her trifling ass . She knocked down this white boy at my table stuff off the table before storming out the classroom pissed . "THE HELL YALL LOOKING !" Diana yelled standing up from the table , everyone quickly looked away . "What was that all about ?" Dee asked confused from what just went down .

Thankfully Diana explained the whole problem Shalayla had with me . Once class was over with I went to my four other classes before it was time lunch . Grabbing a jelly sandwich and orange soda along with a bag of pretzels . I was too upset to eat . Diana sat at a table away from everyone . Soon the table was filled with Key , Rayne , Javion , Avery , Dee , and a couple of people Avery hand with . Everyone knew about what went down with Shalayla and I so none of them brought it up . "Just let me know , I got my timbs and Vaseline in my bag . Taser of blade ." Diana pulled out her taser and black timbs .

"Girl if you don't put that shit up before you end up getting in trouble ." Key joked lowering her hand . Diana is Rayne and Javion's aunt . Small world , I know right . Feeling something wet sticky get pour down my face . Everyone at my table gasped in shocked . "You thought this was over ?" Shalayla dropped the container she had the liquid in . I got up from the table staring at her in shocked . She had her hair tied up in a tight bun , she changed out her dress into some leggings and a white t shirt .

Everything went black , I snapped .

* * *

"Trinity why would you do that ." Nancy put on a show . All I could remember was blacking out and I fought that hoe . Now I was in Mrs . Ells office with Nancy talking about what just happened . "Mane she was asking for it , she started it but I'm the one getting talked to ." Mrs . Ells sighed running her hands down her face . "The thing is this was your last strike ." I sucked my teeth leaning back in the chair . "Suspend me then ." I suggested , I could feel the disgusted Nancy had on her face but she was covering it up with a straight face .

"Nope , I'm not doing that . For your punishment I'm making you clean up the gym after school until further note ." She wrote something down in her notebook . "Hell no ." I'll be damned if I have to spend my after school cleaning up this nasty school . "It's either that or you will be taking up anger management classes again ." I mugged her . She knew , hell everyone knew I would do anything not to do anger management classes . Simple fact I , myself think there's nothing wrong with me . "Fine ." I mumbled .

"Can I go back to class ?" I asked getting up from the chair . "Oh no baby , early dismissal ." I rolled my eyes walking out her office and out the school . A car pulled up beside me . "Get in ." Nancy yelled out the window . Putting my ear buds in ignoring her , she got mad and speed past me . The walk home I really needed to clear my mind .