t h i r t y f o u r

"You are what?" Taehee asked in disbelief, her mouth was ajar- blinking her eyes as she tried to process what she just heard

"I'm your neighbor, Hee" Mira chuckled at her reaction, playfully hitting her shoulder before grasping it with her hands. Of course she's always been, Mira is Jisung's mother anyway, which Taehee anticipated being her neighbor.

Taehee looked at her with wide eyes before turning over to her daughter who sat politely- for once. "And you knew about this?" Taehee exclaimed, referring towards Saeron who rubbed the nape of her neck then shrugged, "Maybe?"

Taehee wasn't mad that her daughter didn't say anything about it. She understood that Saeron knew her limits, so interfering with her own mother's life was the least she wanted to do.

"Please don't be mad at me, " Saeron pleaded, scared that her mom would hate her for hiding such important news, but she wasn't. "Of course I'm not, why would I be?" Taehee chuckled, "Unless you want me to then.." Saeron rapidly shook her head in a slight panic, though she knew it was a joke- but still.

Jisung grinned at the sight, along with Mira who shook her head at their childish behavior- guess her best friend never changed. The four continued to eat their meals, letting out satisfied comments on how good the food was.

Saeron helped to collect the finished plates before going to the sink to wash them. As she was just about to start scrubbing, Jisung came while holding his glass cup filled with apple juice, causing the girl to turn her head towards him.

Jisung walked over beside her as he chugged his juice down and placed his cup on the side, "I'll help with the dishes." His sudden request caused Saeron to shoot her attention towards him, her face cringkling as she got startled, "Since when does a Jisung do the dishes?" she retorted, continuing to scrub the grease off the plates.

"I'm trying to be nice here, " he nonchalantly said. "Congratulations, keep up the good work, " she replied with a crisp smile, not letting him do the dirty work, "Just stay in the living room, I won't take long."

Instead of obeying, Jisung snatched the dirty plate and sponge from her hands, adding a few pumps of dish soap and started scrubbing it off, which left Saeron stunned before sighing. "You never listen, do you?" she said in defeat and the boy shrugged. "You're not my mom, " he mocked and stuck a tongue out, to which the girl rolled her eyes in response.

"Okay if you insist- but under one condition," she pointed and the boy raised a brow so she can continue, "We're doing it together."
"Psh, you think this is some kind of volunteer work?" Jisung scoffed but immediately disappeared when he saw Saeron stare at him in demand, "Yeah- okay."

Saeron switched her face to a smily one when he agreed and then the two did the dishes together.

It all went peacefully until Jisung felt a soapy substance on his cheek- lifting up his fingers to touch it to see dishwash foam. He looked towards Saeron who cheekily smiled before using the foam in his hands to spread it onto her nose.