第2章 (2)

My mother and I would run through fields looking for flowers. We stopped after my father's death though. It's like our whole world stopped. The only thing that didn't change was that Mother would still model and gamble.

My mother and father were both models so naturally they were pretty.

My father introduced my mother to gambling and corrupted her.

Their good looks made it easy for them to lie and deceive their opponents.

Not only that but modelling made them cash so they could gamble to their hearts content.

^^^

The first time I met the Momobami twins.

I was 6. I was holding my parent's hands as we walked down a cobbled street.

"Where are we going?" I was impatient.

"Hold on just a bit more," my mother smiled at me.

We walked through a lovely flower garden and to the extravagant house.

We walked inside and were greeted by this wonderful smell.

"Hello dears! I'm so sorry we're just in the room upstairs to your left. Big door, can't miss it, is this your daughter?"

"Yeah, she is." My mother urged me on.

"She is gorgeous! She looks like you Aden!"

To be fair, we both had wonderful blonde hair and piecing blue eyes. As I grew, my eyes became more green, just like my mother.

"Well follow me Aika-chan." she led me to the garden to this beautiful outside play area. Sitting there was a girl. Standing behind her was a girl in a mask.

"Hello," she said.

"That's Kirari. Play nice!"

From that day onwards we always played together and went to school together.

^^^

Sumeragi rummages through her bag and pulls something out

"Y'see, nails are a hobby of mine. I've got a pretty big collection, of course this is only part of my collection. What do you think? Pretty cute, right? But the truth is there's a secret behind them.. They're human fingernails." she pauses. "with the kind of money I could easily buy them but no one wants to sell them to me. So most of the ones I have were taken from gambling debts. We can definitely play again! But Jabami-senpai.. I want your nails! Maebami-senpai too because she's your supplier."

"Y..Yumeko don't listen to her idiotic story!" Suzui-kun tries butting in. I whack him off.

"Very well.. I accept your conditions." Yumeko-san says.

"What about you, Maebami-senpai?"

"Of course? What's gambling without a risk?"

"Wha..? What are you saying!?"

"But there's no other way to get the money back. Unless you want to pay her for me.."

"That's impossible.. What about you Maebami-san? Surely you have enough money to pay her?"

"Oh but it's so fun! Why'd I stop the fun here?"

"Ah ha! Now you're talking. We'll use two brand new decks. Shall we begin? If I lose, I will give up 20,000,000¥. If you lose, Jabami-senpai, both of you'll give up your fingernails and toenails. Is that okay?"

There's an annoying slight murmur. We nod.

"Feel free to go first."

She picks one. "Four of hearts. A match! I heard your family's a famous toy maker. With that big of business, just how much is your family worth? Ten billion yen? A hundred billion maybe? And yet.. You're only betting 20,000,000¥. That somehow doesn't seem worth it, does it? Allow me to give you a piece of advice. Before doing something like betting your family's business, you best make sure you're fully prepared." Sumeragi's eyes widen. "Look! Another pair!" She carries on pulling out matches until she reaches 40 matches.

"H..How did you know where the cards were?!"

"If you were just a bit more careful, I would of lost. Well, the marks on the cards are the same on the back. If they were different, I would of totally lost!"

"Now then, this game is over! Let's play a different one? Blackjack? Baccarat? Or do you want to play memory again?" Yumeko continues.

"N..No thanks.."

"DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK YOU'RE IN A PLACE TO REFUSE? Thinking about you removing my nails gets me so~ excited! Now then Sumeragi-san, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You cheated in a gamble and lost? Let's do this again!"

Sumeragi broke down and started crying. I look around and put an arm around her. She may of cheated but long before Yumeko, she was my friend.

"Y..Yumeko she's begging for forgiveness..?" Suzui-kun says.

"How boring.."

^^^

"So that's how it ended? How interesting.. Why don't we try meddle with her a bit? Aika-chan? You're her friend, correct?" I swerve around.

"Yes, I am."

"Stay with her and let her live an interesting life at this school."

"Yes, Kirari-san."

A/N

IM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG TO COME OUT!!
I know this is taking long but this is only the beginning.

love you <3