1~ Swilvane

Kirito groaned, annoyed. "Ugh! We've been looking for Klein, Lisbeth, Leafa and Silica for half an hour now! Where are they? Even Pina's back with us!"

Asuna glanced at Sinon, worried. "Usually, Pina goes where Silica goes! She never leaves unless she can't find Silica."

Sinon stroked Pina who was curled up on her head. The blue dragon nuzzled into her hair, blending in perfectly. "I don't know. Perhaps, they just got separated and Silica's just looking for Pina. That should be why they're late." She paused as her tail flicked up and down slowly.

They carried on down the street, the Sylphs not really caring about the fact there were potential dangers wandering about, for they had grown quite accustomed to the frequent visitors.

Yui sat on Kirito's shoulder, peering through the crowd with her eyes narrowed. Her little wings fluttered gently in the breeze, occasionally meeting with her hair.

"I think we're overthinking it. We do know how much Silica cares for Pina and if Pina went missing, she'd search for her for days on end."

Kirito nodded, fumbling for his phone. The light flashed and projected a hologram before him.

"Calling Silica, leader of the Cait Siths." The automated voice was monotone and straightforward.

"Kirito-kun?"

"Silica! Are you ok? Are Klein, Lisbeth, and my sister with you? Are you guys hurt? Did something happen? Why-"

"Kirito-kun! Calm down, we're fine! I'm just looking for Pina with them. I last saw Pina half an hour ago and we haven't seen her since!"

Sinon stepped forwards. "It's alright Silica! Pina's with us, she's in my hair right now. We're very close to the centre of the city right now, so should we meet you there?"

Silica let out an audible sigh of relief. "Ah! Thanks guys! See you there!"

The call ended and the tension broke. At least no one had been injured or kidnapped.

As they walked, Sinon took the chance to marvel at the beauty of the city while Kirito and Asuna chatted about something else. Little lights lit up the windows and seeped under doors like liquid gold. The fading sun left a streak of orange amongst the midnight sky creating a perfect contrast. Muted chatter and music drifted through the city, carrying the joy of their makers. Exquisite smells floated in the breeze; things such as apple pies, fresh out the oven, sweet fruits, the entrancing fragrance of flowers and spices, all mixed up with the fresh chill of the air to form one perfect, natural air freshener.

Beyond Swilvane, the World Tree was barely visible, its twisted white trunk ascending into the clouds.

It wasn't long before they reached the centre of the city and reunited with the others after a long time of looking for each other.

"So!" Silica smiled as Pina nestled into her hair. "Shall we turn in for the night and eat at an inn or eat at a nearby restaurant and then turn in?"

Klein glanced at a nearby clock and patted his stomach. "I could really use some good food! I say we go for restaurant!"

Sounds of agreement echoed throughout the group and it was decided. They were to eat their fill at a restaurant then head back to the inn to rest, heading towards the world tree the very next morning.

"Hello! Welcome to Swilvane Diner! Take a seat and we'll bring the menus out soon!"

Asuna bowed gratefully and the group sat down, Pina settling on the windowsill to stare out into the city.

"Good evening! Here are your menus! When you are ready to order, press this button here and one of our staff members will come over right away!"

Leafa smiled at the waiter and took the menus, glancing briefly at the blue button next to her. "Here guys! Take a menu! Hey Silica! Would Pina like anything?"

Silica smiled. "Thanks! But you don't need to do that! Pina ate on the way here to there's no need!"

Leafa nodded and turned to her brother. "Kiritooooo! Can I have my apple pie with whipped cream now?"

"Of course! We can order the big one after our main course and share it out!"

"Yay!"

Klein patted his Katana proudly. "And so, you see Sinon, that's how I defeated the monster before I met you guys!"

Sinon rolled her eyes. "I bet your Katana isn't as good at my bow and arrow! A samurai can't beat a bow user! This is why it takes Lisbeth longer to craft bows and arrows, because they're better quality!"

Klein seemed annoyed, but playful. "Oh Lisbeth! Tell me it isn't that way!"

"Of course it is!" Lisbeth giggled mischievously. "Bows and arrows aren't harder to make, definitely! I just spend more time fixing and making them because I put more effort into it!"

Klein seemed miffed and turned red, causing Yui to laugh so hard that Asuna joined in. Soon the whole table was laughing including Klein.

"Alright! We all ready to order?"

"Of course! I'm starving!"

"Obviously!"

"Yep!"

"Mhm!"

"Yes!"

"Obviously!"

"Let's order!"

Leafa pushed the button and immediately a waiter came and took their orders.

"You ready to order? Fire away!"

Kirito smiled. "I'll take a..."

The others ordered too, and the waiter left to tell the chef what to prepare. Then within seconds, he was back with their food stacked on a tray.

"Woah! That was so fast!" Yui clapped her hands and settled on the table in front of Leafa. "Mama! Papa! I have my own mini cutlery and plate!!"

Indeed, there on the table, was an intricately made plate slightly bigger than a regular person's thumbnail, and the food even smaller. The cutlery was unbelievably tiny.

When all the food was on the table, the waiter bowed and left.

"Doesn't it all look just great?"

"Yeah! Asuna! Yours looks so good!"

"Thanks Sinon! Yours looks very nice too!"

The door opened again, but no one noticed as a hooded figure slipped in and was seated a couple tables away. They were too focused in the happiness of the moment, something that could cost them their lives.

The hooded figure waved away the waiter who tried to talk to them and stared ominously at their table, a shadow falling over their face.

"So this is it... The threat to our land, lives, and school. They must be destroyed."

The hooded figure stood up, promptly walking out the door. Kirito noticed them but didn't say anything, just watching as they closed the door, a hint of green hair flashing out of the hood before they left, disappearing into the darkness of an alley.

Kirito shook it off, but he couldn't help feeling a sense of dread that something bad was about to happen.