chapter 4

(sorry for not updating.)

Y/N POV:

As the heat of the sun reflected onto your face, you felt your sleep slowly disappearing and  your eyes slowly opening.

you get up ready to go toilet to do your morning routine. you look yourself in the mirror as you slowly brush your teeth, half asleep. You wash your face, frowning at the mirror and once changed, made your way out of the toilet.

you look to your left to see Steven deep in thought at the edge of the bed, and you feel yourself shiver as the events of last night came crashing down. You sit on the other side of the bed, reaching your hand out to him, halting once he harshly moves away from you.

"Don't touch me." he let out through his gritted teeth as you spotted tears gathering at the corners of his eyes.

there was only one thing you could bring yourself to say.

"I'm so sorry." you felt a lump growing at your throat, but forced yourself to swallow it before moving closer to Steven, putting the blanket on you both. You let out a sigh and turned your head away, looking at the pictures of him and the gems.

"No.  If anything, I should be the one sorry." He said as you look back at him, seeing his bottom lip tremble and his eyebrows furrowing. "I tried trapping you in that fusion, I should have known better."

You shook your head at him and opened your arms inviting him in for a hug as clearly he was going through a mental crisis.

He gladly accepted the hug, making you both tumble over as you both laid tangled together on the floor, as the innocent and pure sound of laughter could be heard from the both of you.

The heartwarming moment between the two of you suddenly became disrupted as you both realized the position you were in. You were pinned beneath him. A soft blush spread across your cheeks, and you saw the same happening to him. Something was tugging you closer to him, but you could not put your finger on what.

You both slowly leaned in with half lidded eyes, ready to feel the warmth of each others lips when suddenly you got a phone call.