Chapter 10

Incase you were wondering, I am writing Katherine Rhodes as Amanda Steele. There's a picture above if you don't know what she looks like, she's absolutely gorgeous. Anyways, on with my story
----------------------------------------------
My body tenses up and I feel myself fall to the ground. I lay there amidst the broken glass, frozen in fear and too afraid to move.

Hot tears rush down my cheeks and I force myself to stand up. I look up and my eyes dart to Hunter. To my surprise, he is alive and well. I sigh in relief and try to hop over the wall, but am stopped by a sudden shooting pain. I glance down and see blood dripping down my leg and soaking my pants. My eyes widen and suddenly, the pain kicks in. I scream and cry in agony. Hunter looks at me worriedly, still strapped down. I force myself to fight through the pain and I slowly climb over the wall and limp over to Hunter.

"Are you okay?" I ask him as I unstrap him from the chair.

He only nods. It's obvious that he's too in shock to speak. I lift him off the chair and help him on to the ground. He looks up at me and tightly hugs my legs. I smile, but stop when I feel a cool metal object being pressed against my head.

I slowly turn around and see the man holding a gun against my temples. His finger is placed on the trigger, and a smirk is stuck on his dirt smudged face.

I squeeze my eyes shut and prepare myself for what is about to happen. I fling open my eyes and he suddenly pulls the trigger and a gun shot rings through my ears. This is it.

***

My eyes shoot open and I arch my back. Sweat trickles down my face and my hot clothes stick to my skin. My breathing slows down as I take in my surroundings. Am I dead? The thought of that makes my eyes widen. No. I can't be dead. I look around and see Hunter lying next to me. His eyes are shut and his breathing is deep and even. He's asleep.

When I look around, I notice I'm in a small space. My heart skips a beat when I realize I'm in the trunk. It was just a dream, I thought to myself. I sigh in relief as I wipe beads of sweat off my forehead and lay down.

I lay there for a few minutes, letting my thoughts sink in, when suddenly, an idea pops in my head. I turn around and feel around for the back of the seat compartment. I bang on it with my elbow once I find it and use all my strength to break through the seat. After a few hits, the seat breaks and I emerge through into the car. The man is completely oblivious and keeps his eyes on the road. I hold my breath as I crawl through and land in the backseat. I scoot over to the side, when suddenly, the leather seat creates a loud sound. The man looks back and scans the backseat as I scurrie onto the floor and hide behind the seat. He sighs as he turns back around and continues to drive.

I try to stand up, but a metal object poking into my leg catches my attention. I look down and feel around for it to try and move it. When my hand touches it, I realize it is a gun. As I pick it up my hands shake as I hold it and I force myself to do this. I examine the gun and make sure it's off safety, then make sure it's loaded. I take a deep breath before slowly standing up. The man still looks ahead and I slowly bring the gun towards his head.

He whips his head around, but before he had a chance to speak, I pull the trigger.