Chapter 11

I watch as his lifeless body falls and slams into the steering wheel. My body begins to shake as I drop the gun and hastily reach for the steering wheel, but soon realize I'm too late. My body freezes and I watch as we crash through the bridge wall and fly into the air. My stomach sinks along with the car as we splash into the water.

I move to the passenger door and shakily unlock the car and attempt to push the door open, but it doesn't budge. I begin to panic as I take the gun and smash the window. It shatters in pieces and the water pours in pushing me to the back. I use all my strenght to push my way up and swim out the window.

I swim back down towards the trunk and try to pull it open. But, I realize it's locked. My oxygen level is decreasing and I'm running out of air fast. I swim back into the car through the window and up to the front where the man is. Once I get to the front I feel around in his pockets and any compartment he has until I find the key. I grasp the key tightly in my hand as I swim back towards the trunk. My heart pounds against my chest as I begin to gasp for air. I struggle to put the key in the lock, before finally, it goes in. My heart skips a beat as I quickly turn it and pop open the trunk.

Hunter stares at me with wide eyes and relief washes over me. He swims over to me and I wrap my arm around his waist and we both swim up. When we surface to the top we each exhale deeply and take deep breaths.

Hunter's face is extremely pale and his eyes are bloodshot. I grab his hand and we swim to shore which is only a few feet away.

After about ten minutes of constant swimming, we make it to a sandy bank. We wash up on shore and plop down on the ground, our clothes and body soaking wet. We lay there for a few minutes, catching our breath. I look out in the distance and see the car no longer in sight along with the man. I survived. I thought to myself. As crazy as it sounds, I've survived through most things that I would think of as impossible. It's all too hard to believe. I lay on the sand for a while, staring up at the clouds and let all my thoughts sink in.
----------------------------------------------
Hey guys! Again, I apologize for the short updates but I promise the next update will me longer. Also, I am sorry if my writing seems different I am kind of rushed because I've been so busy lately and I have writers block. Anyways, comment and vote for more! :) ilysm -Sam💛