Chapter 13

I let out a sudden breath I didn't realize I was holding. I manoeuvre my way out of the bush and tumble out, my hair tangled and covered in leaves. I look ahead and see the street lights lining the road spread out about thirty feet apart.

I check my surroundings and see the area around me completely isolated. An eery silence fills the air causing chills to go down my spine. I take one last look around before making a run for it.

I glance down at my black combat boots and curse under my breath, wishing I would've worn my sneakers. I continue to run as the cool air hits my face. My long brown hair flies behind me with the wind.

I manage to run a few more feet before a high pitched ringing noise beeps repetitively in my ear. I come to a halt and look around in fear before dropping to the ground in shock. A wave of pain surges through my body, and I lay on the ground, shaking uncontrollably as if I've just gotten electricuted.

I hear the sounds of men running towards me, and in my mind I just want to get up and run away no matter how much it hurt, but I just couldn't do it. I lay there, helpless, and watch as the men hover me. One of them bends down and picks me up. How did they know I was here? I suddenly think back to before this, when they injected the tracking device into me. Oh.

He narrows his eyes and grits his teeth. My eyes widen and I flinch as he draws his fist back. I wait for the punch, but instead he throws me onto his shoulder. I slowly begin to regain my energy and I flail my arms wildly and kick furiously at his chest, only to get him to hold me tighter in response.

"Let go of me!" I scream.

He doesn't answer.

"I said let go of me!" I spit. My blood begins to boil and I don't now how much more of this I can take.

"Fine" I mutter under my breath. He doesn't turn his head or speak, as if he hadn't heard me.

I dig my nails deep into his shoulder and bite down on his arm. He loosens his grip and I am able to quickly squirm out of his grasp.

He curses under his breath as I fall to the ground and sprint away in one swift motion. He, along with the other men, chase after me. I sprint down the road as fast as I can and bolt through the door, ignoring and dodging everyone inside. People begin to rise from their chairs and join in the chase after me.

About halfway down the hall, I look back and see them barely ten feet away. I force myself to run faster and without thinking, I turn to the left into a room and lock the door behind me. The mob of people outside bang furiously on the door and scream and kick desperately. I have to think fast.
----------------------------------------------
Hey guys, I hope you enjoy my story. And like I said, please comment or message me any suggestions you have for my story because I feel like it's so plain and unoriginal and the same thing keeps happening. Anyways, vote and comment for more! :) ilysm💕 -Sam