five

CHAPTER FIVE
• TIRED •

it happened again. once again, millie tired meditating to attempt to look into her future but then again, she saw nothing.

it has happened for a week. this is not normal.

and that's when she realised what has happened to herself.

she has died a year from now, counting from 6 days ago. meaning, may 28th.

she would love to try to prevent her death but now, everything is blank, she had no clues from before and no clues from after.

she was hopeless.

she just hoped it wasn't something terrible because she did not need a wrecked face for her funeral.

a girl still needs to look flawless when everyone is sobbing over her, right?

sighing, she walks out of her apartment door since she has been staying there for the whole week due to her lowered mood. i mean, who wants to know they're dying and has this much stress on them?

if she were to just drop dead without heads up like now, it would be a way better because she wouldn't stress over her every move.

again; she just didn't want to get hit by a truck and have half of her face falling out.

she head down to the orphanage and walks to the cafeteria without speaking a single word. slamming down her bag, she drops her head down onto the table with a loud sigh.

"millie? darling, you're alright?" violet walks up to her.

"fine. you got any hot coffee?" millie asks her, tilting her head to the side.

"sure thing, i'll be right back." violet pats her on the back with a smile before walking off.

"mills." jade sits down besides her.

"jade, i'm in no mood to beat out need of return favours or grant one to you right now." millie quickly tells her.

"i was just wondering if i could borrow your land by the treehouse."

"what for?" millie asks quietly and rubs her temples in a comforting way.

"i want to host my deal there. sound good?" jade asks.

"fine, but don't somehow wreck my treehouse with bullets and blood and you owe me a favour now." millie murmurs as jade nods, "sure thing." she walks off back to her table, knowing millie liked to sit alone.

"millie. come here." annie says, motioning for her to follow her as millie nods and follows her to a free room.

"what's wrong? why do you look so tired?" she asks.

"i'm fine. i have stuff on my mind, that is all." millie answers with a small smile.

"stuff? have you taken your anxiety meds lately? is it joseph!? i swear to god i will-"

"annie, calm the hell down will you? and maybe keep your voice down? yes, i've taken my meds and no, it's not him." millie answers and looks down to her feet.