fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
• JUST ORPHAN THINGS •

"god, look at her shoes." ethan whispers into millie's ear, "they look like the shoes my grandma wore to her grave." he says as she giggles and hits robbie on the arm.

she repeats the comment in his ear as he laughs, passing it onto jason.

"and my grandma died. when i was like two." ethan continues.

she chuckles quietly and leans into his ear, "okay but her socks."

he looks out and bursts out in laughter, "oh shit." he slaps leo on the arm and leans into his ear.

soon they all burst out in laughter and basically forgot they were in class... supposedly listening.

"people in the back!" the teacher shouts as their laughter dies down, "yes?" tommy asks.

millie giggles quietly and looks down at her lap as she holds onto ethan's thigh to stop herself from laughing.

"millie!" the teacher shouts as her shoots up, "that's me!" she laughs as they all laugh with her, "though sometimes i wonder what it'll be like if i was named madison or myra. wait, shout myra to me, i wanna see if it has that sort of ring to it."

ethan squeezes his nose to stop himself from laughing as jason lets out a snort.

the teacher shakes his head, "just listen." he sighs out.

she giggles quietly and smacks tommy on the arm. he turns around and leans back as she leans into his ear, "wanna skip last period?"

"for?"

"good stuff." she whispers as he nods.

"hey, i wanna go!" leo whisper shouts as he leans in as well.

"we're doing drugs, not fucking." she states.

"i don't care. i want." he demands as she nods and looks around their tables, "coming with or what?"

they all nod as she leans back on her chair, "class is ending soon, thank god."

"hallelujah." ethan says sarcastically as he carves on the table. she holds out her hand, "give me."

he hands her the knife as she carves against her side of the table in boredom.

"class dismissed!" the teacher shouts a few minutes later as they quickly stand up, "i have to go to the bathroom first. i'll meet you guys at the cafeteria." she says and hands ethan the knife back.

"alright." robbie nods as she ruffles his hair and walks off.

walking out the door, a few people bump into her making her groan and head towards the direction of the bathroom. "fucking watch it!" she screams as some girl bumps into her.

the girl nods, "s-sorry." she runs away as millie rolls her eyes and walks into the bathroom.

she locks the door and makes sure no one was in the stalls before she walks towards the sinks.