Prologue (Carlisle)

I sat behind the desk in my home office, reading a book. My phone rang from next to me and I answered on the first blare.

"Alice? Is everything alright?" I asked. I looked over at the clock, eleven seventeen. If it wasn't sunny outside, she'd be in school. But instead, she went hunting with Rosalie and Esme, leaving the boys and I behind.

"No, Carlisle," Alice sounded scared, and not much scared her, so that made me slightly worried. Jasper must've felt my mood change, causing him to hurry into my study.

"What is it?" Jasper demanded, Emmett and Edward were now in the doorway behind him, "Is Alice alright?"

"I'm fine Jazz," Alice told him, knowing he could hear, "But Esme isn't."

I stood up so fast, my desk fell forward, "What's happened? Where are you?"

"We're not to far, couple miles," Alice replied quickly. I ran outside in vampire speed to pick up their scent. They only left two hours ago, so it shouldn't be too hard, Emmett, Jasper and Edward were also searching.

"I've got it," Emmett called from my left. We all followed him as he followed the scent.

"What's happened to Esme, Alice?" I demand as we ran.

"We ran into a few nomads with newborns, she tried to handle their anger calmly but... they didn't listen. They've taken Esme Carlisle! Rose and I can't take them on our own, but if we don't soon... I think it'll be too late," I knew Alice and Rosalie would do anything for Esme, even die, but I couldn't let them.

"We've found your trail and are on our way, Alice," I informed her, "Please wait for us."

"We've gotta go Carlisle, please hurry," she hung up without promising to wait.

"They're not going to wait," Edward stated plainly. We all knew it was true. But we ran faster, trying to get there before it was too late.

Soon their scent got stronger, showing we were getting close. We put on our speed until we burst into a clearing. I growled at the sight, only taking a second to calculate.

Alice was held down by a group of newborns who were about to rip her head off. Esme was fighting off two newborns and another vampire. And Rosalie lay on the ground, ripped apart.

"I love you Jasper," I heard Alice say just before a loud crack. Jasper ran at the newborns. Emmet ran for Rosalie's body, while Edward and I raced to help Esme.

We both took a newborn, taking them out easier than expected. Edward went to help Jasper while Emmett took revenge on the nearest nomads. I helped Esme, who was weak from fighting, kill off the last vampire, before taking her in my arms. She sobbed tearlessly into my shoulder.

I looked around to see Jasper holding Alice's remains in his arms, while Emmett tore the nomads into extra, unnecessary pieces out of anger. Edward stood next to Jasper silently.

I knew then, that my family would never be the same again.

_________________________________________________

Sorry the prologue had to be so sad! It was necessary for my storyline. Since I didn't want Rosalie and Alice to become jerks and ditch Emmett and Jasper. I love Rose and Alice, but I really wanted to write this story about Jasper and Emmett love stories.

Vote to let me know if I should keep posting, thanks!