Chapter 3 (Abby)

I waited with Bella in the truck for Candice. She was taking forever! I looked across the parking lot to see her and what looked to be Jasper Cullen, "Do you see that?" I asked Bella.

"What?" She looked in the direction I was pointing at, "Is that... Candice?" She asked, "With Jasper Cullen." She seemed awed.

"I think so," Candice stood at the end of the lot, watching him walk away. Aww. She turned around and came over to us. She hoped in the backseat quietly, probably hopping we wouldn't bother her about what we just say. But she should know better, "Sooo.. Jasper Cullen, huh?"

She blushed, "We were just talking," she whispered, pulling out her book to get away from the conversation. Did she really not know me that well?

"Yeah. Jasper Cullen. Talking. To a girl. To you," I stated, slightly jealous, one of the cutest boys in school actually spoke to my sister! The most antisocial girl ever! I wish one of them would talk to me. I hid my jealousy well. Bella tried to get out of the parking spot.

"So?" She asked nonchalantly, but I could tell it was fake. I know a crush when I see one!

"He hasn't spoken to a girl in forever! You heard Jess at lunch today!" I reached back and took her book from her, "Candy's got a crush!"

"Give that back!" she shouted, leaning forward to grab it back, I just did it under my backpack.

I noticed that we were driving right next to the silver volvo that the Cullen's were in, as I'd said that. I peeked out to see Emmett Cullen looking over and laughing. He was actually kinda cute. Bella was stopped by after school trafic right there. I looked at Emmett through my window. His head snapped towards Edward who looked like he said something. He also looked like he was holding his breath, he had his hand covering his mouth and nose. Emmett laughed again, his smile growing impossibly larger, looking straight at me. I looked back at him with a small smile. He winked at me, causing me to blush, I could feel my cheeks turning a dark shade of pink.

"I think Candy isn't the only one," Bella teased me. I didn't look away from the window, she'd see my blush, "I think Abby's got a crush, too, Candice."

"On who?" Candy asked, clearly she hadn't been paying too much attention.

"On another Cullen," Bella replied simply. I stiill could feel my blush getting hotter. Emmett kept laughing from outside the truck. Can't this traffic move any faster? Emmett looked over at Jasper now, before turning back and laughing, yet again. What the stink? Why does he keep laughing at me? It's not like he can hear me. The best he could do is probably, maybe, see me blushing.

"Edward?" Candice asked, causing me to snap my head back to my sisters. Bella's expression had changed from playful to dissapointed in a second. What happened with Edward and her? Did he do something like most boys would? Be stupid? I looked back to Emmett and decided not to ask, it seemed to hurt her. Emmett looked at Edward as he spoke to him again, Edward looked directly at me, giving me a 'Really? Did you really just go there?' look. What the heck is wrong with them? It's not like I rolled down my window and shouted it out to the world. Emmett started laughing, again.

"No," Bella replied in monotone, "The other one."

"Oh... Emmett?" Candice asked, peeking out the back window to look at him. She smiled and waved at him, making me a little jealous when he smiled and waved back. Jasper looked like he said something else to Emmett. Does this guy ever stop laughing?

We finally got out of the parking lot and were headed home, "Emmett seems nice," Candice said, pulling me out of my thoughts, "He um... returned a book I left in class first period."