~14~

~Jasmine's POV~

After Anthony pulled me into his house, I said, "I don't want to have you know what again."

" What do you mean? I just wanted to ask you a question, not have sex with you", he said. I replied, "Okay, what do you want".  "I want to know where you went with Maya. After all we're both their parents and we need to be on the same page", he said.

"We were at the hospital. She had an allergic reaction and I needed you to watch Mason", I confessed. "What? Jasmine, if something that big is happening you need to tell me. I know I just came into their lives but to start being there for them I need to know this stuff", he said.

"I know and I'm really sorry. I'm just so used to doing everything by myself that I haven't gotten through my head that somebody else is going to be here for them. I promise I'll start telling you the truth", I said with a waver in my voice. 

"It's fine, now go get home it's late", he said. I picked up a sleeping Mason and left. When I got home I put them to bed, showered, and went to sleep after finally feeding Cookie.

~The Next Morning~

I woke up, ate, and went to school. A couple of minutes after I started school there was a knock at my door causing Cookie to go crazy causing Maya to wake up and cry. I calmed Maya down and quickly got to the door.

I opened it and saw no other than Kaylie. I put Maya down telling her to go sit on the couch. Maya ran over and sat on the couch. "Kaylie, what are you doing here", I asked. "Well hello, Jasmine! Long time no see", she said excitingly for a strange reason. 

"Okay, I don't know why you would be here but please leave", I said. "No, I don't think I will. Now can I come in and look around, maybe meet your children? Or do I mean my stepchildren", she said, pissing me off.

"No, and they will never EVER be your stepchildren", I said. "Oh, did I mistake myself, if you don't know Anthony and I will get married and have a happy life forcing you to let him see them and that means I'll see them and they'll be my stepchildren", she said. 

"Oh, and are you and Anthony dating, or is he interested in you", I said trying to piss her off. To be honest, I know she wants Anthony but I know he won't fall for her! Or at least I hope, I mean she crazy and for some strange reason, I have weird feelings for Anthony. Such as seeing us together as a couple again.

But I can't be with him again, not after what he did to me three years ago. I can't put myself through that again let alone my kids. "Well, no but we will soon. In December the school is having a Christmas dance and he will be my date", she said.

"Keep dreaming. Anyway, I have a child to take care of and you should be at school so bye, now", I said slamming and locking the door. I gave Maya some toys and went back to work. Around 10 minutes later I got a text from Anthony.

"Guess what day it is?" It read. "Lemme guess, your birthday!" I responded. "Yep, I know I saw Mason yesterday but I'm coming over later to see both of them for my b-day." He said. "Alright, I gotta get Mason up, right now so I'll see you later, bye birthday boy," I said. 

I got up and got Mason. The day had been going b smoothly when I heard another knock on the door. "Am I famous or something cause everyone is always at my door", I complained to myself? 

When I opened the door John was standing there with a whole bunch of flowers and a box of chocolate.

  Oh, why does everyone I hate bother me...