Chapter One - The Past

A little girl, at the age of seven, sat laughing in the cold morning air of Autumn. She was to excited to sit still for the maid, who was trying to get the princess in a dress for the, Reinbōbatafurai (Rainbow Butterfly) festival which was created to celebrate the young princess's birthday who loved butterflies and who loved to dress in bright clothing.

This young girl's name was Arekushisu Chō, her last name meaning "butterfly" who has dark orange hair with long bangs split in the middle of her forehead with the rest of her hair in, as usual, a bun. She has chocolate brown orbs which sparkled with innocence.

   The maid sighed as she finally got the young girl into her kimono which was light purple with a silver sash around her small waist, who wore wooden sandals.

"Can I go see (F/n) now, Yuna-San?" Arekushisu ask wanting to see her best friend who was also her future guardian. (F/n) Reddokurō, which meant "Red Claw", was a eleven year old girl who had (h/c) hair tied up in a high ponytail with bangs that went down her face and the ends of her hair were dark red. Arekushisu thought she dyed it but (f/n) said it was natural because of her clan. She had dark (e/c) eyes with her clan's mark, which were slightly-curved-at-the-end, upside down, red triangles pointing like fangs, under her eyes.

"... Hai, you may. Only if you keep your kimono clean." The maid, now known as Yuna, said, "I can't have you dirty it before the festival." She explained.

"Hai, Yuna-San. I will, I promise." Arekushisu said, holding out her right pinky.

"Okay, okay..." Yuna said chuckling, holding out her own pinky and completed the promise, "Make sure your back at the castle before six. Got it?"

"Got it!" Arekushisu replied.

  -----Time Skip-----

   The sound of breaking wood from the training post was all (f/n) could hear in the field. She was practicing her taijustu which was the only form of justu technique that was allowed in the Village of Ice, or known as Kōrinomura. The village did not have ninja training here, nor were ninja aloud here either because the village was a samurai village. You must be wondering why (f/n) was using a ninja technique in a samurai village, that's because (f/n) hailed from a ninja clan herself, the Urufunochi clan, but no one knows this because the small, but powerful clan, was raided in the middle of the night and slaughtered. She is the last surviver along with Kasai. Her clans animal, a wolf. She was about to deliver the final punch when she heard little foot steps behind her.

"(f/n)? Are you out here? Its me, Arekushisu!" She hears her friend call her by the nickname she made for her,

"I'm out here!" (f/n) answered her friend.

  -----(f/n)'s Pov-----

   I stopped mid-punch when I heard my best friend call my name.

"I'm out here!" I called.

Arekushisu small, panting form told me immediately that she had ran all the way here. For someone who hates to run,she sure can run.

" (f/n)!" She took in a deep breath and said it so quickly I barley understood what she said, "Today'smybirthdayandIwanttoknowaboutyourclan!" (Today's my birthday and I want to know about your clan!)

...

... *blink*

...

...*blink*

"... What?" I said dumbfounded.

"Please!" She begged.

'Oh, that's right I remember. I told her little bit about my clan before.' I thought.

"... Okay." I agreed, there's no point in saying no. Little Miss Princess always gets what she wants.

"So... Where do I began?"

"The beginning, please!" Arekushisu-Hime answered.

...

...

"Okay... It... All began when I was at the age of three. Of was a normal day at my old village that resides by Konahagakure, I can't remember the name of it, but it was a nice place to live. I was outside of the main clan household, playing with Kasai. You know the wolf that follows me around acting like someone stuck a pinecone up is butt?" Arekushisu nodded, "It was around eight o'clock at night, I think, when... It all happen..."

  -----*Flashback*----- (No One's Pov)

  A little girl sat in the soft, green grass with her companion laid next to her, snoring his tiny head off.
   As the little girl was about to fall asleep, she heard the sound of shouting and saw fire at the center of the small village. Confused and scared she started to run to her house, to her mother.

"Momma!? What's going on?" She asked her mother when she was within hearing range, the won needless to say was confused and looked towards the noise her daughter was talking about and she froze.

"(f-f/n), get inside the house, n-now!" Her mothers voice shook from fear.

"Wh-" The child was cut off by her mother who grabbed her and ran to the house.

"(f/n), listen to me." Her mother said once they were safely inside their house, "No matter what happens, promise me that when I or Papa tell you to run, you run as fast as you can. When we tell you to hide, hide until the bad men are gone... That you you'll be safe! Baby, promise me!"

   "I... I p-promise, M-mamma... W-what b-bad m-men?" The young girl asked out of fear, shaking horribly.

The mother grimaced when had let that slip, of course the prodigy of the clan wouldn't miss a single detail.

"Just go hide somewhere safe. Now!" The mother yelled, pushing the child away from front door when she heard footsteps coming towards them, fast.

The men who evaded the small village broke the door open and went to attack the women. She managed to hold off some of their attacks when her husband and sixteen year old son burst in the room joining the fight.

   They were winning until another group barged in the room, swinging their weapons and sliced the little girls parents throats, then they beheaded the poor boy, but they didn't stop there, no. They walked around the house, searching for the little girl.

  -----------------

   The little girl sat in the far right corner of the closet, clutching the scared red panda. Her breath heavy and quick, hyperventilating, when she heard heavy footsteps come closer...

... And closer,

...

... And closer,

...

... The door slammed open to reveal a lone man who smiled...

...

...  A glint from a sword as it pierced through the animal right eye and through her stomach,

...

                                   ...A sickening smile...

  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   "M-mamma... P-papa?" A little girl woke up from where she was laying, trembling from the unusual coldness of the once warm home.

   The small, hurt, wolf cub curled up in her small arms for warmth. Both wounds were mysteriously gone, scar's was all that was left. As the young girl walked to the main room where her family was last, there was a strong metallic smell in the air, choking her. She finally found the room, the smell was at its strongest point, and she quietly pushed the door open, expecting to see her family alright and smiling...

...

...

   "MAMMA!!!" They weren't smiling...

  -----*End of Flashback*-----

   "After that, Kasai and I ran away from the dead village until we collapsed and we were found by a group of samurais from this village... Questions?" I asked, hiding my true emotions.

   "I have two actually... Why didn't you tell them you were from a ninja clam and how did you and Kasai survive that!?" Arekushisu blurted out.

   "Well one, ninja and samurai do not, I repeat, do not get along. Two, I really don't know how we survived that." I answered and looked to the sky, " Hey, its getting dark we should head back. Come on!" I get up and walk towards town.