Chapter Two- The Past Revisits

Arekushisu was skipping by me as we walked towards the village's center, but something was wrong here...

...

   It was too quiet... Where was everyone? Isn't today the festival?

...

   My pace gradually started to slow down as I began to get the feeling of someone or... Something watching us. Arekushisu must have notice because she had stopped skipping and became worried and nervous. She started to shake.

   "(F-f/n), w-where is everyone..?" She asked me as she looked around scared, moving closer to me for comfort.

   "I don't know..." I mumbled, 'Somethings not right...'

   I grabbed her arm and pulled her behind me. The village light's were dull and some flickered or some were just dead. The light's shadowed us in darkness. My hand nervously moved towards my katana that was strapped to my waist. The onyx blade glisten as the dull light reflected against it as I pulled it out protectively. My eyes didn't stay in one place for long as we walked farther up the main road.

   "(F-f/n)?" Arekushisu questioned.

   "What is it?" I answered without looking at her.

   "This isn't a surprise celebration, is it?" She said while looking up with hopeful eyes.

   "I-... I don't know..." I said said, still feeling that I was being watched. Arekushisu nodded, her hope sunk and she didn't reply...

...

... Step...

...

... Step...

...

   "Well, well, well~! What do we have here! I've been looking everywhere for you!~" Startled, we immediately turned around and saw a man wearing a black cloak, a hood covering his face, sitting with one leg crossed and the other out, his hands neatly under his chin on a roof with a chicken wearing a orange jacket?

   "W-what do you w-want!?" Arekushisu yelled from behind me, her grip tighten around me. I didn't say anything, but readied my blade and glared at the man in front of me.

   "Feisty! Isn't she?" The man hollered, laughing, to the shadows. Another tall man stepped out from where he was talking to.

   "Logan... Shut up and get the girl already! We don't have much time." The man said, carrying a huge sword with him, as he ran to the village's gate.

   "Okay Mr. Boss! On it!" The man, Logan, said as he pulled out a hammer out of no where and doing what I guess is his signature: the hammer rested on his back with a piece sigh, his tongue sticking out with his left eye closed. He turned to us and leaped forward with speed, the hammer was aimed at me. I barley manage to put my blade up to block it out of surprise and I pushed him back, making him stumble back two feet.