Five

ᴀᴘʀɪʟ 18ᴛʜ, 2006
—𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞—
{ᴄʜᴀɴʜᴀꜱꜱᴇɴ, ᴍɪɴɴᴇꜱᴏᴛᴀ}

TODAY IS NOT MY DAY. After dealing with lawyers about this divorce and having a weird block when I can't function to write, I just want to disappear for a while. Any time when I just want to hang out for a bit and put my worries aside I do many things but I decided to head down into the kitchen. So far our new Chef has been working great and caught onto the way Paisley Park works. We've had a few events and she has handled them greatly.

Nariah is a kind sweet young girl—she stays to herself a lot from what I see and she's a fantastic cook. She made me vegetarian ramen stir fry that blew me away with the first taste. I like speaking with her because she doesn't get fluster and for a younger girl, she knows how to hold a conversation with someone like me.

I walk into the kitchen seeing her buttoning up her chef coat. She head snaps over at me and smile, "Good Morning!" She's extremely chirping every morning.

"Good Morning, Nariah. How are you?" I take a seat at the kitchen island as she smiles brightly flashing her pearly white teeth.

"Pretty good for the most part. How about you?" She asks.

I shrug, "Been better but I'm fine." I don't like to talk about myself so I try to cut it short when I'm asked questions about my mood and feelings.

"Well, I hope things get better for you." She tells me as I just gave her a small timid smile. "So Breakfast?"

"That scramble you made a few days ago was pretty good." I share with her, Nariah tilts her head before nodding along. She began to work on my breakfast.

I would be lying if I didn't think that Nariah is a beautiful woman—because she's most definitely is. She has curves for days that you can even see in her chef coat. Her face is covered in freckles, as she has the chubbiest cheeks and an easygoing smile. Though her eyes are always covered with a pair of glasses, I can always see the sparkle of passion she has for her work. What made me realize her the first time I saw her was most definitely her hair. The woman has curls for days—every day I see her they style switch and it's always surprising because I've loved every style so far. All around, Nariah is a great girl and I'm happy she fits in here.

She pulls out vegetables, eggs, spices, and heavy cream. Nariah hops right into her world and I try my best not to distract her but she begins speaking.

"Aren't you supposed to be working on an album or something?" She jokes as she sends me a smirk while taking down a wide bowl. I fold my hands and gave her the same smirk. "What? Am I right?"

"I just released an album a few weeks but I'm still working—I never stop," I told her, even though I'm on a blocked road right now. "How do you work for me and don't even know simple things like that?" I tease her.

Nariah gasps while placing the bowl in front of her and stares at me. "I'm sorry I didn't know, Jeez. If I'm honest—well don't get mad or anything okay?" She turns serious quickly, I perk up to hear what she has to say and nodded for her to continue. "Okay so...I know your music because of my parents and all of that but I never got into it heavy. I only know a few albums and songs."

"Nariah."

"Yes?"

"You're Fired."

The young woman looks so frightened when I said those words and I tried to hold myself together from not laughing but I burst out into a fit. She sighs softly and has her hand on her hips, trying not to smile.

"You're horrible. I thought you were serious." She finally began to smile. I raise my index and did the motion of 'shame of you'. "I know I'm a bad person but I'm learning now!"