Eighteen

ᴍᴀʏ 17ᴛʜ, 2006
—𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐡—
{ʜᴏʟʟʏᴡᴏᴏᴅ ʜɪʟʟꜱ, ᴄᴀʟɪꜰᴏʀɴɪᴀ}

THE CONCEPT OF HAVING FRIENDS IS GREAT WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT UNTIL YOU HAVE FRIENDS LIKE COURTNEY. I truly adore Courtney but lord she's a mind reader and can smell out bullshit a mile away. This is good because she tells you how it is and never tries to beat around the bush but right now I can get less of it. She noticed my sour mood here and there so now I'm getting interrogated while getting ready for breakfast.

"Listen, all I'm saying is you aren't acting like your usual self. Do I need to whoop some ass?"

I burst out laughing, lean over as I stop mixing the pancake batter. "Court, No. I'm just been a little moody lately. My monthly is probably starting soon that's all. I'm sorry if I've been a Debby downer."

Courtney snickers, "You aren't a Debby Downer, Prince has been for the past week or so." She mentions and I didn't react hearing his name at all. "But you will be in a better mood since we are going to Vegas!" She claps her hands.

"You're acting like we will be shopping and exploring. We have to work, Court." I laugh.

"Yeah, but we will be Vegas and it's the first time for you. I'll make sure that you can still have a great time even if we have to work." Courtney fans over at me nonchalantly. I shake my head at her excitement but I knew that she will try for us to have a bit of fun. "Damn. I have to get him up." She glances at her phone and stands up from the table.

"Well, I'll have your blueberry pancakes ready in fifteen minutes," I told her as she thanks me and leaves out of the kitchen but she stops in her tracks, turning back to me. "Yeah?"

Courtney rests her hands on her hips, "I know he's not the ideal boss at times but he will come around." I frown with confusion as she just sends me a light small smile. "Prince can be a bit overwhelming at times, he means well and will apologize sooner than later." With that, she leaves the kitchen without me replying to her statement.

I never told her the full situation but maybe Prince did? Then again he's a private person and I'm sure that he did tell her she would be more involved. I take in her words while I continue working while humming along to my own tune in my head.

Today will be great.

That's all I have to think in my mind so I can just move on as the day goes on. It would be a lie if I said that I'm not bothered by the fact Prince has shut me out. Courtney has gotten me so I will just wait and see if he even will apologize or even acknowledge me in some way.

Las Vegas...This is gotta be fun.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·
𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔
𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲
𝐋𝐚𝐬 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬, 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐝𝐚

One day of Vegas makes it seems like I'm not even here. Yes, I have seen some of the casinos and attracts on our way here but I feel like I'm in some type of dream. As if I'm just walking and breathing without thinking—like a zombie in a way but I can see what's happening around me. My thoughts are put on hold as I heard the familiar clicks of heels that only belong to Prince. I was just about to leave for the time being since he and the band should be on their way to rehearsal.

He walks into the living space of his luxurious hotel while I quietly sneak by, Prince glance at me and takes a seat on the couch. "Nariah."

I stop walking and shut my eyes in the process of saying a mini prayer to myself.  Slowly I turn, "Yes, Sir?"