Day Two

Atsushi woke up, skipped breakfast and got straight to work.

Some of his work was in the sunlight, hot and blinding. He took his shirt off and continued to find fish to eat.

The day went by quickly for him: fish, cook for 'sir', clean house, water plants, check for fully grown flowers, pick them, cook.

He was not very conversational, so wasn't Akutagawa.

But Ryunosuke was just too curious not to ask him this question. 'Why have you been marooned?'

'I thought you didn't care..?'

'Now I do.'

'They did not find me useful no more. Or at least that's what they have been lead to believe.'

'I demand you tell me what you mean. Right now, Jinko.'

'My girlfriend, Lucy, told our leader that I were a traitor, and a spy for the enemy, the Port Mafia.'

'I'm guessing that's not true.?'

'Of course!! I'd never do that!!!' Atsushi shouted, hoping Akutagawa would believe him.

'Bitch.'

'Yeah.'

They both genuinely laughed. Both had not done that in a long time, but this felt light, happy and they felt slightly more comfortable than before.

____________

Atsushi went to bed with a smile that day.

A/n: This is not Lucy slander. I love her, but I had to do this so it'll fit the story. :)