Trying to Love~ John Munch

This imagine will be with John Munch from Law and Order: SVU. Though it will be set with John and the reader being in college. Not sure if he did go, but for the sake of this imagine lets pretend he did. The reader whose name will be Allison Long, has a crush on John and asks him over for dinner. Enjoy! This was not requested just an idea I had!

Saturday mornings were meant to be peaceful. Especially for overworked and stressed college students. No classes, can sleep in. But I was feeling less than peaceful. I climbed out of bed with knots in my stomach and wobbly knees. I had asked out my long time crush of my last few years at school, John Munch, over for dinner. He had said yes, which was wonderful, but now came the trouble of actually going on a date. For the first time. More terrifying than any senior thesis.

Lucky for me, I had a lot to do. Cleaning my entire apartment, not far off campus, had done wonders for my nerves. Though, there was a lot to do. There came a point after spending all day on my hands and knees scrubbing that I was glad I had a small cozy apartment, rather than a fancy penthouse.

Everything had to be spotless. But after cleaning everything up and riding the apartment of every speck of dust I could find, I remembered I actually had to cook. Which would mess up the kitchen.

I sighed and rolled up my sleeves which had slipped down a bit throughout the purge of my apartment and got to work. I would sear some steaks that I would put over some broccoli and garlic cheese pasta. And chocolate chip cookies. Yeah, a basic dessert but a good one. My mother had always made them for me and it was kind of a comfort at this point.

The kitchen was hot and stuffy from all of the oven use. My hair was frayed and sweat beaded on my face. My limbs ached and I struggled through forming some dough for the cookies. Somehow I always made it too crumbly.

I had also strung a few twinkling lights and lit scented candles.

The struggle was getting real and then there was a curt knock at my door.

Oh crap, I had spent so much time prepping the dinner that I forgot about my appearance. My stomach dropped and my nerves hit me full force again.

My hands were coated in white flour and so were my clothes. It was too late though. I had taken too long and now John was going to see me as a hot mess.

I reluctantly went to open the door. John was standing behind it in a sharp suit and holding a large bouquet of red roses. He had been smiling, until he saw me. His face fell and he looked crushed.

"You forgot." He lamented, the flowers falling to his side as he lowered his arm in disappointment. John turned and started to leave.

"Wait, no, no I didn't forget!" I pleaded.

John turned back to me with a cold look, "either that or you asked me as a joke." He says crudely.

That had hurt. I felt the blow of his words in my chest a bit. "No," I insisted, "I would never do that. I'm so sorry that I look like this right now. But just let me get cleaned up. Dinner just took a little longer than expected. I swear I have been looking forward to this all week. Please just don't leave."

I must had sounded manic. I was pleading with him. John regarded me with a raised eyebrow.

"Please, John. Why would I cook an entire meal just to blow you off?" My voice cracked a bit.

John pondered this a moment. He looked surprised, "you cooked?"

Now I was confused, "I did ask you over for dinner."

"I guess I thought it would just be takeout." John says.

"You dressed up for takeout?" I joked.