Safe~ Dominic "Sonny" Carisi

In this imagine the reader is a Detective and the partner of Sonny Carisi. And they are secretly dating. The readers name will be Serena Buoyington. It is a slow day in the precinct, until Serena gets an odd call. This was not requested, just an idea I had. Hope you enjoy!

*Warning this imagine will be slightly graphic compared to the others, only a little though*

It had been a slow day for the 16th precinct in Manhattan for the SVU department. The only noise was the slow buzz and hum of the fluorescent lights hanging above, which occasionally flickered. There was the occasional sneeze or cough as well from my fellow detectives but nothing else.

Just because no one was coming into the precinct or no phone calls, didn't mean we were sitting around doing nothing either. We were all engrossed in our individual paper work. 

That was until, the shrill ring of my telephone startled me out of doing my own paperwork. Since there was nothing else going on, all eyes instantly went to me. My partner Sonny Carisi looked at me expectantly from the desk across from mine. I shrugged at him. 

I answered the phone in my professional voice, "Manhattan Special Victims unit, this is Detective Buoyington."

A distressed deep male voice came from the other line. So loud I actually moved the receiver away from my ear a bit. "They're trying to take my children!"

I balked, "okay, sir, who is?"

"My ex wife and- and the government!" The voice yelled back.

I was confused, okay ex wife, messy divorce? But the government? "Sir, I'm going to need you to be a bit more specific. By the government-"

He cut me off, "she brought a bunch of suits with her."

Lawyers. Probably lawyers. "Okay and they are in your house sir?"

"Yes, they are here to take my children!"

"Sir, I'm going to need you to calm down please. Let's talk about this." I said trying to negotiate.

"I need your help, please! I need you to do something!" The voice pleaded more distressed.

"Okay, well this may not be for special victims, but I can stay on the line with you and see if we can get someone to help you sir." I said calmly.

"They are here now!" The voice barked.

"Alright, lets just work things out. How many children do you have?" I was trying to distract him, maybe calm him down a bit.

He responded in exasperation, "three..." there was a pause, "hey! Hey now you can't do that!"

I detected a second voice that was muffled. Female.

"Sir, what is happening right now?" I asked trying to gauge the situation.

"I already told you! They're taking my children!" The man snapped.

"Why are they doing this sir?" I asked.

"The hell if I know! I-I lost my job. But its not a big deal, I take care of them!" He answered.

"Sir, this may be something we have to speak about. So, they're taking them right now?"

"Yes."

"We may have to let them. I mean I don't know the full situation, but we can work this out and send someone to help you-"

There was a loud outburst on the other line of no. But I had a feeling it wasn't directed at me. I heard  a third voice, also female.